Idk what's happening to me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure what's happening to me... I'm still gagging while I talk, most the time my tongue feels too big for my mouth. I have been vomiting all night, I've felt dizzy and I've been having really bad migraines. My anxiety has been the worst it's ever been. I wake up and I'm already shaking from it. I cannot escape it... I feel scared for myself. Not sure why this is happening to me all of a sudden.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should try see your doctor, if you have already what did they say? Maybe you have some sort of throat infection, which is obviously made worse by your anxiety, which could be the cause of the migraines. The dizziness could be because if you have an infection it could have spread to your inner ear but if it hasn't gone within a few days. I don't know how long you've had these symptoms but you should try see your doctor. Let me know any other info or what not.
    • Posted

Well I had went to doctor for the gagging and stuff and she gave me antibiotics for a chest infection and she gave me Prilosec because I do have GERD. I took the antibiotics and my chest infection went away but still gag from time to time when I talk or sometimes just gag even when I don't talk. So I went into the ER and they said I have post nasal drip so I took some allergy meds but still gagging. I have a feeling it's really bad anxiety, but I've never heard of someone gag while they talk because of anxiety. I just don't know what to do anymore.
    • Posted

There was a poster before saying he gags when he talks too. I will try find out the post. It could be anxiety, I have it the same if I have a symptom I well notice it and fixate on it all day and then it will get worse because I'm over thinking about it. Just try distract yourself.
  • Posted

Hi Myrissasauras, I had swollen tonsils for a long time and the ENT told me I had a post nasal drip due to allergies. Well the tickle in my throat didnt got away.

​What happens to me is I start to cough & gag until I puked. I shake and get really scared. At first I thought I was going to die. The first time it happend to me, I didnt know what to do I started feeling weird I was driving so I pulled over gaged & vomited, I almost felt like I couldnt breath; normally you cant went u vomit. So I just got my daughters inhalers from my purse cuz I felt like my tongue didnt let me breath so I just took some puffs from her inhaler... and gues what.........it slowly went away.

​soooo....after that incident it happening & I would always remember oooo my daughters inhaler!! and it helps every time. I went to the Primary care doctor & told him what I was doing so he prescribed an inhaler for me & now I carry one everywhere & any time I feel the tickle or gag in my throat I take the inhaler and it goes away and I don't vomit... Yeay! lol ... anyways I hope this helps ..

​O & if your brain is deprived of oxygen you will have dizziness & migraines and asthma could deprive u from oxygen so ... & yes I have what is called asthma, O & my daughter whos' 8 yrs pukes as well when she has asthma attacks thats why I thought of using her inhaler when that happend to me...

​Also I have sleep apnea & I use a c-pap machine which is a mask that blows are in your nose &/or mouth to help u get oxygen while sleep... this is something people have if they have a roundish ovulish face I guess ..anyways I didn't know I had it & I complained about migraines, headaches dizziness, nightmares, night sweats, woke up scared & forgot I where I was because my dreams were so real.. so my point, you may need inhaler & you should ask the doctor about sleep apnea...

Good Luck!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.