If clobetasol isn't working for you..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to pass on some information that helped me and hopefully can help someone else. I was diangosed with LS via biospy about this time last year. At first, my dermatologist prescribe me clobetasol (yes, dermatologist. I went to my OBGYN FIVE times!!! all misdianogsed, I was finally over being told I had a yeast infection so I scheduled an appt with a dermatologist and bless his heart, he was able to help me) Anyway, he put me on clobetasol and I didn't notice a different in the itch or the size of the bumps that would come from my scratching. All clobetasol did for me is burn to be honest. After running through 2 tubes of clobetasol (yes, I was desperate for relief) he put me on tacrolimus and i've never experienced any burning. As long as you apply it RIGHT when u get the urge to itch, it calms it down and it actually diminshes the sizes of the raises after 1 or 2 nights. Ask your DR for a sample or see if you can switch if you find clobetasol isn't working for you. And I've read a lot of women struggling with the night time itch, i've brought this up to my dr and he had no problem prescribing me an oral pill that would calm the itch and help me sleep through the night. Ill have to dig through my cabinet to find the name of it. I hope this helps! xo

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I never use Clob and if I ever itch I only use a clove of garlic or castor oil inserted
    • Posted

Thats interesting Cheryl, i'm glad you found something that is working for you. Especially something natural!

• Posted

I believe if it is autoimmune disease or not that you can cure it I believe that because I was not born with it that means I can hear it Rectify it fix it with all natural products like I said before I do not believe in steroids they are a topical solution you must dig deeper than that
    • Posted

I'm sorry, but it makes no sense to say that because you were not born with it that must mean you can cure it.  My husband has had Type 1 Diabetes since he was 12.  It's an autoimmune disease that he was not born with, but believe me, there is no cure, natural or otherwise.  Without insulin, he would die.  

• Posted

Thanks Viv, I was thinking the same thing. How much deeper can you dig past a biospy and a diagnosis? I get that everyone is different so everything might not work but that comment didn't make any sense.

• Posted

THanks so much for the info.  Will mention it to my doctor..
    • Posted

Hope it works Queenee! I hated the clob, it just didnt work for me
  • Posted

This is also known as protropic - I use this too and it helps me if ever I have an issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.