If I only have one ovary left n I feel pressure what should I do

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy in 2012 due to cyst n endometriosis. . Now I am feeling pressure where my rt ovary is.. will this mean I have to have it removed too.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

This is a question only your doctor can answer. You need to have tests to see what, if anything is going on. When is the last time you had a GYN visit? Best to schedule one soon to put your mind at ease. 

Annie xx

• Posted

I have had pressure kind of like a small weight just sitting on my side.. never going away. . I have had the gas pressure that hurt.. I went last wk to my check up she could tell that I was very tender.. she said take ibuprofen 800mg for a wk to see if would help it has some.. I am just scared I am only 45
    • Posted

I see why you are concerned. I wonder, did she do a pelvic exam while you were there? A pelvic ultrasound would be so helpful, can you request to have one to put your mind at ease, at least?

I hate that you have to spend so much time worrying about this when you can get results fairly quickly. Are you in the UK or US?

Hoping the best for you Melissa.

Annie xx

• Posted

she did do a pelvic and i wasn't tender but tender on my right side afterwards... i went because of the pressure but also because i have had the symtoms of a bladder infection for two wks but tests came back neg twice ...so there is something going on... i will call on monday and see if i can get an ultra sound. .. i am in the US, and since I own my own business the only health care i can afford is the affordable health care through the goverment.. so i can to make sure they will pay for the ultra sound. thank u hunsmile

• Posted

Good Melissa!

I had a pelvic exam done years ago and afterwards (doc used more pressure than most to make sure he was feeling the ovaries at the time) I remember feeling horrible pain on the right thinking there was something horribly wrong. Thankfully, I am an ultrasound tech, so I had a co-worker take a look to make sure nothing was wrong, and of course, there wasn't, but the pain was there. I think my doc was just a bit more aggressive to really palpate the ovary and I'm ok with that to rule out any issues with the ovary. Better than some who barely perform a pelvic exam these days and try to rely soley on imaging studies! lol!

I've also had the symptoms of bladder infection with neg results, so I started drinking cranberry juice (not sure if it's wives tale or not) but it seems to help. In last several months I have had to dramatically restrict my  diet (dr advised) and I believe I am on the mend from many of the most recent crazy symptoms of this "glorious" time called Perimenopause

Yes, thankfully you can get that Ultrasound, sounds like sometimes in  UK they have to wait longer or go through hoops to get docs moving on investigating things. I could be wrong but I see things mentioned at times, makes me wonder.

Let us know how it all works out for you! Will be keeping you in my thoughts!

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Melissa, yes please you have to see your doctor. But I think it is pretty common to get an ovarian cyst, which doesn't usually require any treatment, so it might just be that. 
  • Posted

What kind of pressure because it could be gas. I only have a left ovary. I had to have the right one removed due to a large cyst which caused it to get twisted up in my tube on that side(was very painful). But sometimes when i ovulate i get pressure on my side where the ovary is and i know it's only gas related because it is relieved when i pass gas. But if you are in excruciating pain then, yes, I'd have to agree with the others and say go to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.