If I’ve just finished 2 courses of antibiotics, 2 weeks ago, can I take a 3rd course now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a sinus infection a month ago. Took augmentin (1g) for 7 days, and then augmentin (625mg) for another 7 days. Finished that up on 4/11/2018.

Today (21/11/2018) about 2 weeks later, my doctor has informed me ive caught a bout of acute bronchitis and that i should take another course of antibiotics, augmentin (1g).

Is this safe? Anyone with any experience in this area? Any advise is most appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Shawn

Sorry to hear this. Are you aware that taking too many antibiotics is not good as they were really designed as a life saver only as i have recently found out having had them dished out like sweets most of my life. Also please carefully consider taking probiotics such as Optibac which are very important especially when on antibiotics but sadly we are not told to do this 😦 Please do look carefully at colloidal silver, oregano oil and raw fresh garlic all good natural anti-biotics which do not harm the body and see how you go. Also turmeric/curcumin capsules (anti-inflammatory) and plant based minerals and vitamins such as Simply Naturals which have helped me and others ALOT 😃 and cutting out dairy for a while to help with the mucus. Drinking good amounts of filtred water but preferably distilled water is also very helpful. Keep off the sugar if possible as it is so bad for our bodies.

Hope this helps.

All the very best to you and get informed.

Laura 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.