If I wasn't post menopausal this would be normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my last period about 5 years ago at age 50.

Six weeks ago, a discharge which would have been normal during my ovulating years returned - 3 to 4 times a day I have a clear, odourless vaginal discharge which has the consistency of raw egg white. I enjoy general good health. Should I trouble my GP or celebrate my good fortune.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you are feeling good, I'd say celebrate your good luck.  What's so interesting is that sort of discharge is always associated with ovulation.  So while you are celebrating, I think I'd use some protection.  LOL

• Posted

When I was post menopause I got the consistency of raw egg white and about 1 1/2 days later I had a HORRIBLE FLOODING PERIOD! Shcoked me and of course scared me silly!
    • Posted

Hency my suggestion that she needs some protection right now!!!!   LOL
  • Posted

Hi there,

I'd go to my gp.  Though what is happening is probably natural, I think it's best to find out what's going on. Because you're in menopause, you could be experiencing a mild cervical or vaginal irritation...

• Posted

I'd say if it isn't normal for you I'd go in and get checked. It might be just some one time occurence but it might be something else. Not sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.