If inflammation clears up before I see the dermatologist?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Apologies for asking yet another question.  'Chronic inflammation' was the biopsy result and I'm using the Clob about once a week.  I'm using a water spray after going to the toilet and moisturing with coconut oil.  I've stopped wearing pant liners and am wearing skirts more often than trousers.  At the moment, there is still some inflammation and itching, particularly at the back and inside the labia.

My appointment with the dermatologist is on 1st June - unless I get a cancellation.  Now I'm wondering what to say if everything I'm doing works to clear things up before I see her!

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheetah,

In my opinion I would do what you are doing if the clob helps rather than it getting worse and deal with here and now and when you go to ththe appointment and things have maybe improved reiterate that they have because of the clob and the action you have taken.  That way you are in charge of the L S rather than it being the other way round.  I know it's easy me giving advice but I've tried since coming on here to think that lots of ladies have this.  It's good stopping the pads I stopped them after years because of leakage on wee urgency but it's funny I hole it in better now knowing there's nothing there to protect me if you get me.  I think sometimes wee can sit in the pad if you are out and about and I'm sure they must cause rubbing or something.  I had a sore flare up Friday evening I think I washed to roughly and god it was sore but a bit of clob first time in three weeks sorted it out.  Skirts I'd love to wear them but I'm a trouser person but have to manoeuvre the seams all the time, it's fun this isn't it. biggrin

xx

• Posted

You may like to take some photos now if there is anything to show. You can then use these to support your progress for the dermatologist. 
  • Posted

I think if you have inflammation and itching you should use the Clobetasol more often. Twice or three times a week is what my doctor recommends. The goal is to keep the inflammation and itching away. It will be lifetime use is my understanding, no cure just control.
    • Posted

Thank you, Mary.  My GP just said to use it when I had the itching and then stop, which, to my mind, was rather vague.  It does make more sense to use it more often to get rid of the inflammation and itching.

Thanks for your advice.

• Posted

Thank you very much, Sue and Samantha.  Your suggestion is very sensible, Sue and I'll take that on board.  I must have been using pant liners for about 20 years, so can't really understand why I've got this problem now.  Still, II'll see how I go.  Also a good idea to take a photo, Samantha.

Thanks again. 

• Posted

Take some pictures. Or just call them and ask for another appointment when it's all flared up

• Posted

Thanks Brenda.  Unfortunately, I'm having to wait for 2 1/2 months for this appointment, so may well be in the same boat in the future!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.