If it's not one thing, it's another

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been getting some great results from taking MXT to help me get my pred dose down since Dec last year.... Just got my latest batch of blood test results and my liver function test shows my liver is not doing so well...

"nothing to worry about yet" says the GP, "we'll do another test in a fortnight for comparison".

Great. Just great.

Just when I'm finally starting to feel well and able to resume living my life this crap happens!

So I'll wait and see what the next round of tests show - I see my rhuemy two days after the next blood test so he will be able to advise me on what happens next if there's no improvement.

Life is conspiring against me ever enjoying red wine again. GRRRR

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A young woman of my acquaintance who just successfully gave birth to twins had to give up alcohol for the duration (it was a high risk pregnancy).  She really missed her beer, but discovered much to her surprise that the non alcoholic beer did satisfy her, as it gave her the taste and mouth feel that she had been missing.  Have you tried any of the non-alcoholic wines?  You never know....
    • Posted

I'm a red wine drinker and non-alcholic red wine is just awful - tastes like bad grape juice! lol

I'm drinking kombocha these days - I've just started brewing it myself. Stick it in a wine glass and I almost feel like I'm having a drink lol

• Posted

Flip, that's probably the best answer for you.  I figure if I can't have real coffee with all the caffeine, why bother drinking it?  Why drink artificially sweetened anything?  So I do agree, why drink wine without the alcohol?  So finding something completely different which gives a similar satisfaction is the best substitution.  Maybe the way in which something is served can provide pleasure, too.  So you're drinking kombucha and serving it a wine glass.  Super!  🍹🍷🍻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.