If shaving is out is epilating any safer if you have got MC?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I literally burst into tears sometimes when I see my hairy legs, which I always used to keep nice and shaved. I have had molluscum for one year and nearly reduced it down to one or two bumps, but a few more have suddenly come back. I'm desperate to do something about my hair, though, and I know shaving and waxing are really bad as they help spread molluscum - but what about epilating? Is using an epilation machine somehow slightly less risky at spreading it on the skin? Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So the whole point of no shaving or waxing for three months after your last one is treated is to reduce irritation to the area /: Those machines are no different than waxing (except epilation machine is a little more painful) Try getting an electric trimmer. I know its not the close shave you want but its worth a try without breaking the skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.