if you could swap pancreatitis for another disease or disability what would you. have?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just been laid here thinking how sick I am off the bowts of pain and what if I was given a choice to swap for something else.

I personally would rather have one leg and live on a hill rather than this.......

what would you do random but makes you think?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would agree with you. I would rather be missing a limb...I am sure that sounds bad but the pain at times is just unbearable. Sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.it affects EVERY aspect of my life
    • Posted

I think it is made worse because of the medical lack of understanding. At least on here you can lose that feeling of being alone with this disease. And the reason for the left would be at least I could still drive lol
  • Posted

Off the top of my head, although I don't have pancreatic pain all the time when I do it's agonising and frightening. I feel like I might die. I also have ME which is terrible and it's constant every second. If I could have moments of life without ME I'd probably be willing to put up with pancreatic pain now and then but yours sounds worse than mine and it subjective.

You said random.

• Posted

I think we all learn and try to live with the bugger. but it is head doing. And the stress of knowing that you a prone to more attacks and knowing how close the last one came to killing me its stressful. but I am also looking after my wife who has bipolar and has brugada syndrome. I can only imagine how frustrating it for you with ME and this disease. I think if we look at the funny side of thing's it helps. My nick name for my wife is blenda lol
    • Posted

I like looking at the funny side of life too red breast! Liquorice is great for the pancreas. Not the sugary children's sweets kind. Do you have diabetes too?

ME is a beaccitch! But I'm still here.

Kudos on looking after your wife while you're so ill; can you get any help? Stress is perhaps more manageable with a bit of help.

• Posted

I deal with stress by making furniture out of recycled wood. I have been in more stressful situation as ex service. As for diabetes I get checked regular and so far I am ok
    • Posted

Great on the furniture making, I write poetry and other forms of writing.

I keep my diabetes under control with diet and Chromium, a mineral that levels blood sugars. I haven't been hypoglycemic for a long time, and I used to wake up every night sweating, shaking and having to eat something.

I used to carry a tin of mackerel or sardines when I was riding my motorbike, easy to carry around. It doesn't have to be something sugary as they always told me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.