If you suffer health anxiety like me read my story :-) Update...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there im stacey & suffer health anxiety. It all started on 1st decemeber 2014 when my dad died suddenly and totally out of the blue. Im 28 and have 4 little girls Lily 6 Daisy 5 Olivia 3 & Bella 1. Last january i was put on mirtazapine and veneflaxine big mistake they made my anxiety worse to the point i ran an ambulance as i had convinced mysel i was dying from seratonin syndrome the paramedics turned up all was fine until hey came back 30mins later with the police and social services they were worried about my mental state (my partner of 10years was at work at the time) to say i was terrorfied was an understatement . They wanted to take my children as they were worried about me not being able to care for them just because i had had a panic attack and rung them. Granted i had been abit lazy and panicky that day so house was abit messy but havin 4 children under 5 do theyc

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Expect the house to be showroom like? The mother inlaw rang while they were here and drove straight over social services decided that for a couple of days he hildren would need to stay away but thankfully they were very happy for them to stay at my mother inlaws house. It was hard but after a chat and realising their concerns i agreed that it was proberly best . To let you know i would not go out of my house because i was scared i was going to drop dead like my dad did . If i was with my parner however i felt kind of safe. I was set goals to achieve by social services and did them all i came off both antidepressants the day it all happened and havent been back on them since. I saw it this way if i was going to beat the anxiety i would do it without antidepressants as they really just mask the problem . I had CBT but it did nothing to help me and if im honest it made my anxiety 10 times worse than it was originally. Social services discharged our case and left our lives in the middle of september which was great anxiety had almost gone and i had achieved so much but the thing was i still could not go out on my own which was the main thing i had to do as i have 2 children at first school an my partner was missin 2 hours of work a day to take them and then my mum would pick them up . I also still had a facination with googling every single symptom i got everyone knows googling is the WORST thing to do!! However in novemeber 2015 i suffered an ectopic pregnancy total surprise but had to have emergency surgery to removed the pregnancy tube and clear the mass amount of internal bleeding i had. After that i started to see life different i could have actually died and didnt realise yet id been googling cancer the same day convinced i had blood cancer! When i got out of hospital i vowed that i wasnt going to live in fear of all the different terminal iimaginary illnesses i had anymore.. And started making even more progress!! However on the 11th december 2015 my mums partner died from eosophageal cancer they had know 4 weeks he had it after tests . It was a shock as the prognosis was pretty good for him . That then sent my anxiety back to square 1 once again. Then january this year i woke up one morning convinced i had a DVT i got into such a panic i couldnt breathe had chest pains. So youtubed relaxing anxiety relief and it brough up some music .. Within about 2 mins i was around 90% normal again. I then sat there crying . I really couldnt live like this a moment longer and i didnt i was missing out on so much of life i didnt go out i couldnt do the most important thing and take my own children to school i had no life it was just an existance. Enough was truely enough and i WAS going to have my life back . And i have its been 28 days since that day . Ive taken up deep meditation , I exercise everyday , I drink water water and more water and the best thing? Ive learnt i CAN do everything i thought i couldnt do for 28days now ive taken my children to school and picked them up the look on their faces is so worth it ifeel like a mum again i have even got the bus to town a few times ony own with the 2 youngest something i havent done since the the last week of november 2014!!! It can be done you can do eveything. I do still have little wobbles here and there but ive been told thats normal . I have my life back :-) It is definatly 100% doable if u are that determind fight the negative/anxious of health anxiety . Ok 28days may not seem like much but the fact i couldnt go a day without breaking down into a mess .. Well hey ive done 28 :-) . If anyone would like any advice or generally a chat feel free to message me .
    • Posted

Great to hear!  Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom and the only way is up with our disorders.  It seems you are tired of living in fear, and facing it, accepting it and going forward.  Remember "Feel the fear, and do it anyways!"  Good to hear success stories, than people complaining about their anxieties and not doing what it takes to overcome!
  • Posted

Thank you :-) im not going to having my life back is amazing and my parner children and family are always saying now that they are so proud of me which means so much to me. I owe it to my children and family to carry on this way they have beeb put through so much but never gave up on me. This me is here to stay and for good :-) . I never thought i could do anything i have done becaude the anxiety would tell me i couldnt but actually when you do those things u apparently cant do the anxiety seems to lessen its like yor prooving the anxiety wrong and they shut up xxx
  • Posted

Omg feel very bad for you stacey that is absolute ridiculous panic attacks are awful at their highest i would not wish it on anyone it.... But that is protocol with the police especially with women who is seen as the main figure i dont want this to tear you down it mite seem that way its totally the opposite because the social would not take your kids they would look after them till your better to benifit you and the kids as i have seen numerous women suffer panic attacks head to a&e leave the kids running around the grandmas house or even the estate it happens thats why the have so many over the top procedures now as on the other hand if they did nothing and didnt follow up then there job record salary and all could be entirely effected and a child could be missing hit by a car anything as a young adaptive mind can be affected and torn so so easily that can lead to awful circumstances as they get older facr.... Hope this helped smile
  • Posted

It is very very silly but thankfully they only stayed with my mother inlaw for a night it was ment to be 2 nights but when social services came back the n
    • Posted

next day the house was tidy and i wad alot better than the day before when it all kicked off .. I can totally understand why they have to do it though. Funny thing was they were never worried or had any concerns about the children they didnt see them as neglected they were all healthy weighs looked clean it wad just the fact ofcmy mental state and as the house was messy with toys x
    • Posted

Let some of your anxiety fuel you to clean.  Women have been doing it for ions! When I see my grandmother cleaning her house from top to bottom I know something is bothering her, and well she is doing something she has control over, cleaning!
  • Posted

It really is a case of mind over matter . I used to hate being left on my own when my partner went to work id cry and be in a constant state of panic till he got home 12 hours later but i actually enjoy being on my own now my routine is now take big 2 to school come home then take 3 year old to nursery at that point 1 year old is asleep so with that spare time i meditate . Its also really good to have a routine and keep to it strange as it sounds having a routine or plannin what i do everyday really helps to keep me balanced also xx
    • Posted

Sounds like your on the right track.  I do believe you are getting stretched as far as having too much to do, taking care of others.  I think your on the right track of finding some personal time for yourself to relax. Good for you!
  • Posted

Im forever cleaning lol ive always been a little bit ocd with cleaning but since having all my children its deffo got worse which i dont think is a bad thing theres nothing better than having a lovely clean and tidy house :-) I am deffo on the right track and still going. Strong i think once you make yourself realise that actually it is purely just a reaction and there is nothing really severly wrong it helps alot .. I do need to make more time for myself but that is so hard to do with 4 children lol :-)

• Posted

Your cleaning mania can easily be solved. Chuck the  Hoover,and ALL your cleaning gear in the bin. Get some slap on.and leave the building

If Elvis Presley can do i,so can you.  rolleyesHousework  !!!!! Not for me .cool

• Posted

Put this into simple terms stacey you sound like a wonderful mum whos fell ill to bouts of panic syndrome but in regards to social they will look for any crack or flas in any house may it b father mother or child and shut you down til it settled because anything can happen it has time an time again this is not alarm bells tho its protocol and dont mean your bad in any way towards anyone because you have panic attacks far from it the fact is the social are too much sometimes but you would thank them when you see some of the kids they do rescue so on that note let them huff and puff til there gone hope this helped sorry took so long lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.