If your dr refuses to test...

Posted , 4 users are following.

cortisol levels, gluten allergy, A1 casein allergy (unsure what this is but has been suggested on here that I get tested), EBV (Epstein Barr virus), ESR (blood test for autoimmune disease), TPO - would you change your dr?

My TPO levels last November were 304 (<34) which suggests hashimotos but my dr says i do not have it, and my hypothyroid problem is auto-immune related. what can it be besides hashimotos?

at my last dr's visit he told me that there are 3 things involved in my problem - perimenopause, hypo, refusing to accept side effects of levo. he 'forgot' to mention my inner ear infection for which i must treat for a year. i have no perimenopause symptoms. and yes, i will continue to refuse to accept levo side effects!

so i am changing my dr but if the new one refuses to test these things, should i continue my search until i find a dr who agrees? which="" suggests="" hashimotos="" but="" my="" dr="" says="" i="" do="" not="" have="" it,="" and="" my="" hypothyroid="" problem="" is="" auto-immune="" related.="" what="" can="" it="" be="" besides="" hashimotos?="" at="" my="" last="" dr's="" visit="" he="" told="" me="" that="" there="" are="" 3="" things="" involved="" in="" my="" problem="" -="" perimenopause,="" hypo,="" refusing="" to="" accept="" side="" effects="" of="" levo.="" he="" 'forgot'="" to="" mention="" my="" inner="" ear="" infection="" for="" which="" i="" must="" treat="" for="" a="" year.="" i="" have="" no="" perimenopause="" symptoms.="" and="" yes,="" i="" will="" continue="" to="" refuse="" to="" accept="" levo="" side="" effects!="" so="" i="" am="" changing="" my="" dr="" but="" if="" the="" new="" one="" refuses="" to="" test="" these="" things,="" should="" i="" continue="" my="" search="" until="" i="" find="" a="" dr="" who="">

at my last dr's visit he told me that there are 3 things involved in my problem - perimenopause, hypo, refusing to accept side effects of levo. he 'forgot' to mention my inner ear infection for which i must treat for a year. i have no perimenopause symptoms. and yes, i will continue to refuse to accept levo side effects!

so i am changing my dr but if the new one refuses to test these things, should i continue my search until i find a dr who agrees?>

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mary

I think you know what to do.

What did this dr treat you with for your ear infection? Was it an antibiotic?

• Posted

Hello Mary

Nurse Shelly here,  Abosolutely change Doctors.  Your doctor must be your "friend in all of this"  and want to help you get well.

Ypu have Hashimoto's most likely.  I had problems with Levo and went through so many different thyroid meds, I could have a museum of pills I took.

My doctor albeit I am in the USA, but get a new GP or Endo.

Regards,

Shelly

• Posted

Thank you. I am searching...but it seems to be like trying to break into a special club. smile They will not break me down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.