IGG & IGM 13 weeks post exposure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, just need to know if anyone else has tested positive eventually after doing blood tests?

Guy I was dating at the time eventually did a full panel std test and was positive HSV 1 &2.

We had 3 protected sex, and he performed oral sex on me unprotected, and last sexual intercourse with him was unprotected sex on 9-1-19. I have not had ANY sexual activity since this date with ANYONE.

5 weeks after exposure:

Tested negative on 10-10-19 IGG

Tested negative 10-17-19 IGM

Persuaded doctor to swab my vulva fissures to do culture and test was negative on 11-3-19

13 weeks after exposure:

Tested negative IGG & IGM on 12-3-19

Am I officially out the clear for HSV??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ALL stds testing were full panels and negative

• Posted

i would wait 6 months to be sure hsv blood test are not accurte !! look at my post im testing again in feb and i had exporure in may but neg at 4.5 months but showing symptoms

• Posted

i would wait 6 months to be sure hsv blood test are not accurte !! look at my post im testing again in feb and i had exporure in may but neg at 4.5 months but showing symptoms

• Posted

Hey guys! Just updating my story. On 12-24 I finally attempted to have sex since 9-1-19 (this situation actually brought my exhusband and I back together-going great!). I was dry because still a lil traumatize so we stopped. Immediately I felt a tear. It looked like a sore but didn't hurt to pee, shower, and minor discomfort (pics are on my new post). I did a swab test 2 days later, 12-26-19, and got my results. Negative for herpes 1 & 2. imageimage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.