Ignored and angry and depressed

Posted , 8 users are following.

I posted 11 days ago about GI cocktails and nobody has answered my post. I am feeling very ignored and angry and depressed. 

I have a lot of stomach issues and it seems like i can not eat foods with out having heart burn and my stomach hgurting. I have woken up in a lot of stomach pain to where i am cramping and then having diarrhea 

How can i get through this i feel like just ending my life because i can not eat foods it just goes right through me and nobody goes to my sight why is this why i am tired of being ignored 

Elizabeth

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I know how it feels to be down in the dumps over health issues. I am not having the same exact symptoms as you so I cannot offer any advice. Have you spoke to a doctor yet? Did they provide any answers or suggestions?
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

SORRY you are feeling this way. It can be a very distressing disease at times. I've been there.

I don't understand what you mean by GI cocktails? Therefore I can't answer this question.

If food is going right through you it could be celiac disease. Have u had an endoscopy? They take biopsies when u have endoscopy and this confirms if you have celiac disease. You could also have SIBO small intestinal bacteria overgrowth. You need to have a lactulose test for this and they must test for methane gas and hydrogen gas.

You could also have food intolerances. Have you done an elimination diet and kept a food diary?

Sounds like you need to eat very plain for awhile. Dgl licorice and licorice tea is good for calming the stomach. Glutamine is meant to help heal the stomach too. I didn't tolerate this well. It gave me headaches but u might be fine with it. Aim for 5g a day and slowing build up to 10mg. Take on empty stomach.

Thinking positive which is hard I know is a big healer. I do yoga and meditation to help stress. Trying to distract yourself is another big help. The more u focus on it the worse it gets.

Have u tried probiotics? They don't help me but I know they help some people. I cut out dairy and this made big difference. I avoid all the normal trigger foods too.

Good luck Hun

Dom

• Posted

It just seems that i can not eat anything with being in menopause. I can not eat peanutbutter or i have leakage of stool, i can not eat any tomatos or pasta sauce that has tomatos in it or i get severe heart burn. I have had C-Diff twice and been on a full course of antibiotics twice back in Febuary and April. 

I do not know what is causing this and i have waken up from my sleep in a lot of stomach pain, cramping just really bad to where i have to use a heating pad on my stomach. I went to the ER a couple of weeks ago and all they gave me was a GI Cocktail that had maylox in it and lidocaine in it. 

thats what they give when you have a lot of heartburn and stomach issues.

I am tired of watching my family and my boyfriend eat anything and it not get to there stomach 

Sometimes i feel like i have an ulcer due to the heart burn. 

I can not take those PPIs because it can cause C-Diff to act up, i can not take pepcid either or tums or my C-Diff will act up. I am at a lost hear, can not eat bland food for the rest of my life i feel like i am losing out because of my stomach issues 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Elizabeth, when you go to a hospital for an emergency all they do is give you first aid.  Then they refer you to a GI which based on what you wrote here you need to see one ASAP.  On this forum you will only get what worked for each of us- For example, I have tried many suggestions and so far they have not helped.  Yes, Doctots have not helped as well but you need to have some test done . ;-(  Sorry, but call your Doctor and make an appointment.

Jose

God Bless!

• Posted

Same here, have no idea what GI cocktail is. -(  Now, if you have not seen a GI then go see one, he will probably do an endoscopy and maybe find something that will help you.  You can also have gluten sensitivity so like suggested above you need to do an elimination diet starting with gluten, dairy, sugar, soy and so on. Eliminate trigger foods.  Then if you get better reintroduce one for 2 weeks, and then the 2nd one and so on and if you feel bad reintruducing any food then do not eat them.  Now, this does not work for everyone (I'm one of those) so expect a long rode of recovery because it can be many things. Pateince, patience and patience. ;-)

Now, just because someone here got cured with something, it doesn't mean you will get cured with the same. Actually, we are all different. ;-(

God Bless!

Jose

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I would like to help if possible. Can you repost about your GI cocktails post?  I tried to find the post but I could not locate it. 
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I located your original post and re-read this post.  I have never had a GI cocktail and my problems involve more constipation instead of diarrhea.

After reading through some of the other responses, I agree dietary changes may help if you can find one that will work for you. My condition has improved.  I have tried many of the ideas and suggestions from people on this site.  Someone recommended to my surprise sour dough bread which I have incorporated into my breakfast and it seems to settle my stomach.  I cannot recall why it works but it has worked for me.  

Someone mentioned eating bland and it reminded me of a white diet that helped me originally with settling my stomach. White diet consist of basically plain white foods like white rice, noddles, rice cakes, etc. without any seasoning over several day (I think 3 days was recommended). I usually get some relief in a day. It really helped to settle my stomach. It may not work for you but it's worth a try.

I recently read a post about using Betaine. I researched it and decided to try it based on its excellent reviews.

As I mentioned earlier, since I suffer mostly from constipation, I get relief from using dieters tea.  I'm not sure why it works but it definitely helps me. I take omeprazole but sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it seems to make things worst. Some Probiotics seem to work but not all the time for me. Also, I agree with an earlier post that meditation and positive thoughts also help.  I hope some of these ideas will help and that you can find your specific path to healing. 

• Posted

Have you been to your doctors about this because we are not doctors just fellow suffers of digestive problems I sounds to me you could have more then one issue going on you really need to go to your doctor and get this ivestegated more
  • Posted

My doctor called it acute dyspepsia or gastritis.  I had indigestion since March of this year and it got worse in May.  My symptoms are almost similar to yours....I cannot eat too much in a meal as I had heartburn and felt "full" , and it made me uncomfortable because I need to "burp" out the extra gas accumulated in the stomach.

Basically the doctor shared with me that my stomach is chanelling more acid than normal and has given me PPI 40gm x 2 tablets a day to take for 2 months.  

Today is the 5th week and I am managing my intake of food to smaller portions but with frequent eating, meaning more meals but small portion so that the acid in the stomach continues to have food to digest.  

My doctor request that should I feel much better, I shall proceed to take just 1 tablet 40gm PPI a day but at this moment , I am still taking 2 tablets.

I am surrendering to the fact that my usual normal meals and my favourite food will have to be realigned to suit my stomach.  It is going to be a long process.  By the way , I am 58years old .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.