Illness Among Three Members, Symptoms Similar, Term: Long Lasting.

Posted , 2 users are following.

The three of us see two different doctors. My own prescribed a Inhaler, and has also left me with a source of aspirin, acetaminophen, and a topical gel for a leg injury. One of my associates in the house is currently using a air compression machine, and the third is using a more traditional method of heat, food and other methods, so long as they have an appetite enough to eat.

The issue has been a cough that persisted now for over two months for myself, a month and a half for associate A, and a month for Associate B who I Believe contracted the illness first three months ago but lost it about two months ago. I contracted it at the tail end. The cough tends to act up at night, especially if trying to lay on my back or a particular way on my side. Water eases the issue and reduces the cough frequency. Cough is followed up by a mostly clear if not partially white phlegm. I theorize that this is Mucus, though more often than not my nose is overly dry. There is no nasal based mucus on my end, but am unsure if it can build directly in the lungs? There feels to be a slight pressure there.

Sometimes this illness ruins breathing issues. Lately Associate A has lost all of their energy, and struggles to breath even with the air compression. They no longer have the energy to work day by day, and have been struggling even to get up. This does not help us considering they have weak veins, and have already had to endure a untreated stroke. The hospital misdiagnosed until their second time going in for persisting issues. Associate B at a time lost their voice outright, croaking their words rather than speaking though they recovered from it. Associate B suffers from Fragile Bone, Weak Muscle Tissue, and tend not to move around much at all to get any basic exercise in.

Other symptoms can include a sense of Dizziness if not Vertigo, Slight or Major Headache which can persist for as long as hours, and in the case of over-coughing there have been times of internal and external pain both based near bone and muscle. If the issue is Mucus, I am wondering about the potential use of a Congestion Relief, or Sinus relief despite not always having a stuffy nose. (Very rare in my case). Our doctors are both seeking out their own methods, but it has been weeks. I am worried because Associate A who could once work daily with a smile is nearly bedridden with how weak his body is becoming. Of us three, two are in their sixties and one their thirties. Note, none of us three are related by blood. It is also to be said we have passed the covid testing phase. Two of us three are vaccinated to Covid, one on their second booster and second on their third.

Other than the Congestion Relief possibility, should we go into the hospital? I have been trying to convince Associate A to go in if not just for emergency treatment. Their condition is failing to their old ways but they're pulling the tough man can pull through tough times bit. If anybody has any ideas what illness it could be, I would appreciate a few ideas of what to look into. This is one of those things you can't just google. List out two or three basic symptoms and the first thing to come up will always be some super stage 3 evolved cancer formed from some muguwugu fish poison or some nonsense. Always the worst case and it just feels too silly to freak out about that much, but with my friends I am concerned. Especially with how long it has lingered.

Please keep a open mind to all possibilities. Can it be mold? Mildew? Dust? Location has rainy weather still, often humid, very chilly but not yet snowing. Indoors, we run on propane and electric heat. We ran on wood burning but our wood burner's seal broke so we had to stop using it. We passed a Carbon poisoning test already. Viruses, Bacteria, common illnesses? Anything I can find will help but where it's easy to organize my thoughts, I've been struggling to search myself. Even my own mental state has proven tired lately along with my body. Thank you for your time, and for reading this.

This was posted under Cough as the most persistent symptom is Coughing.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There is no problem seeing two different doctors. They are usually all trained the same way. But its like talents individually they know more and know less to different degrees.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.