Im 16 and im experiencing depersonalization.. What sgould i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have depression anxiety and depersonalization

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stephen, 

depersonalization is a result of having a lot of anxiety and stress. Nothing bad will happen it's just an uncomfortable feeling. If you learn how to manage your anxiety better, the  depersonalization will decrease or go away. I experience that a few times in my life and it always goes away on its own once I relax more. Try doing things that relax your mind and body. I listen to YouTube  meditations for anxiety and they completely relax my mind. 

depersonalization is when your brain tries to protect you from too much stress and anxiety. So it tries to block things out so you don't have to deal with it. That's why it feels weird. 

of course if you'd like to visit with your doctor that's fine. It may give you peace of mind. Doctors can't do much for stress and anxiety other than prescribe medication and suggest counseling. Maybe speaking with the counselor would help a little.

listen to a short video on YouTube called mindful breathing guided meditation 10 minutes. It completely relaxes me  and reduces depersonalization. Another one is called mindfulness meditation guided 10 minutes. There are many meditations to choose from. You have to be persistent and practice often.

You're going to be OK 😁??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.