im 17 and i think i have PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello! im 17 and since puberty, i have had very irregular periods for example, this year, i have had 3 short periods instead of 12 and they only lasted like 3 days. also i have gained maybe a stone and it is really hard for me to lose any weight at all. i  have been growing black hair in places that are not wanted and its really embarrassing for me as i already struggle with confidence issues. i have depression and severe anxiety too, i know that some of these are symptoms of PCOS so i really wanted to post on a forum to see if anyone agrees and thinks i have PCOS and what i should do about it. thank you to whoever reads this and responds smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elle, 

I have gone through the same symptoms and I was diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago. I have been able to get my period back on a regular cycle.

• Posted

Hi Patricia, do you think I should go to my gp then??? I’ve been putting off going for a while because I don’t want to be sent for an ultrasound even though I’ll probably need to 
  • Posted

You should seek an ob. These are pcod symptoms. Don’t stress about, you know, the more you’re stressed the more the cysts grows/or something. I have pcod on both ovaries, easily gets stressed, gained a lot like from 58kg to 95kg from 2013-till date, I don’t eat much but as you know pcod does this , i’m Trying to exercise a little (can’t do full workout, i tire easily, you know, pcos thing) and seeing my ob every few months to check if I am improving especially my weight since loosing weight is a key factor to eliminate pcod, taking glucophage, pills and vitamin D since i am low on it that’s why i tire easily which is also caused by pcos. Now I’m trying. I am down to 85kg now. 
    • Posted

hi im sorry i have only just seen this, i also have a vitamin d deficiency, when i think about going to get checked out it triggers my anxiety so much and i can never bring myself to actually going. i have also gained a lot and am also about 95kg. thank you for replying smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.