Im 20 and have been suffering from cysts for 3 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

So im 20 years old and from Australia, ive been suffering from reoccurring bartholins cyst since i was 17. Ive had the one on my left side marsupilized twice and have been on antibiotics 4 times to treat it in between. Then just when i thought the last surgery had done the job the one on the right hand side reared its head. Another course of antibiotics and it went away and now 5 months later its back again on the right hand side in the same place. If not treated early they usually get to the size of an egg and i cant walk, sit or go to the toilet without being in so much agony i want to vomit. Sitz baths only provide temporary relief and they never burst on their own completely. Its getting to the stage where i just want the whole gland removed . Im sick of the pain and the self consciousness i get when i have them and the effects it has on my relationship with my boyfriend (even though he is very understanding). My question is has anyone had the gland completely removed or found any other surgeries successful? I dont cope well on antibiotics so often for them.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that mate, its a very painful and frustrating thing.... i have also had the surgey twice and gone on antibiotics and also had one drained at the hospital (that was intensely painful!!) I dont know about having them removed but i can tell you, i had one pop up and grow very quickly about a month ago...( i hadnt had one in 5 years!!) by the end of the day i couldnt sit or walk properly! Arrg... but i tried something i saw on here and it worked AMAZING!!! ... basically you make a paste out of coconut oil and tumeric and put this all over the cyst, this helps bring everything up to the surface... then put on a pad and leave this paste on for about 2 hours. After 2 hours, wash that off and make a paste out of bicarb, bit of salt and water... put this on your cyst and leave for about 20 mins... this helps open it up. Its fecking amazing! Crazy enough, it will just open and pop, have a shower to clean (hot water helps too) ... mine has not come back since doing this. I would highly reccomend giving it a go smile

Best of luck!! smile

• Posted

Awesome ill have to give it a go. I have previously used Magnoplasm to draw the cyst out which helped a little but was still hard to drain. Im going to tbe doctors tomorrow arvo so will see what he has too say. X
    • Posted

" put this all over the cyst" means just on the lump, or also includes vaginal opening walls (on the area of bartholin ducts)?
    • Posted

Sorry, yes i have trouble finding the opening to the duct, so i just put it mainly all over the inside of the vagina where the cyst was... once it poped i could see the opening and was able to squeeze it (not sure if that is reccomended but it worked for me). Youtube videos can help you to find where it opening is.
  • Posted

Hi loz!

I suffered from the same problem. Most of the stories I've read are women who only get them on one side...but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets them on both sides! I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I felt the same way with my boyfriend...who was also so understanding. I finally got both my glands removed. It provided tremendous relief and in no way interferes with sex...I even got more lubricated after the surgery! But just remember the healing part takes up to 3 weeks. And you feel deformed but it does go back to normal so don't worry.

My bartholin cyst did return though after the surgery. I finally found a doctor that seemed to have the same goal as me in mind to treat the problem rather than the infection itself. Why do some women get this (especially the ones who get them on both sides)? What is the ROOT problem of this? He answered this question for me and I wrote a lengthy discussion about it. If you'd like to see all the details of what he told me, click on my name and find my discussion labeled "my search for the root cause of bartholin cyst abscess". I hope it will help you out.

The surgery is not a garauntee that they will never come back, but it has helped a lot of women...so maybe it will help you too.

Best regards and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.