Im 22 Years Old Just Had My Marsupialization Bartholin Cyst Yesterday 06/07/2017

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Ladies just wanted to share some positivity with you all. Ive been getting my bartholin cyst for about two years. My first one was so big and terrible I didnt know what to do. But it bursted on its own and I went to the doctors and they told me what it was. So I did my own research. I wouldnt get them so frequently until last year. I would get them before my period. So last year in August I got the word catherer went to the hospital they stuck me with numbing medicine felt like a bee sting and a burn then put the word catheter in. Pain level was moderate but it still came back after I took the catherter out. So I was like forget it I will not keep on getting cut. I did home remedies. Since I got more in control and knew exactly when it will come. I would do these remedies. My cyst would only last for a day or two. I use a heating pad I would warm it up lay in bed just place the heating on there. Did that like all day or when I wasnt sleeping. Then if it got uncomfortable I would do warm sitz baths, with witch hazel, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. This would be great and helped with making the cyst want to burst. After I do the heating pad again and then it would burst. Even putting the the witch hazel, tea tree oil, and lavender oil on a cotton ball placing it on the cyst will help too. Its just a little messy. It can sting.

But honestly I got tired of doing that and i decided to get the marsupialization. I read so many horrifying post about other girls and their experience which made me hold off from getting it. But this month I just wanted to get it over with. I had same day surgery. They sedated me and I was asleep during the operation. Woke up and it was over. got some pain medicine. Today (6/8/17) I'm in no pain. I can pee. I can walk. Lay down. Sit up. you name it. Im still taking it easy since I just got my surgery yesterday. But Im here to share some good news and to suggest to go ahead and get the procedure because of my experience was not like the ones I read. I noticed I was getting my cyst on Monday. Tuesday I could feel it. Wednesday went to my OBGYN and they got me on the list to have same day surgery. Got to go home and I am feeling great!! Now just recovering. If you ask any questions just let me know.

Hope This Helps Someone!! Lets Beat Our Bartholins Cyst!! xoxo

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had a cyst for 4 years. I self treated and learned the hard way, do not poke it with needles! A month ago i had a wors catheter put in. It xame out 2 days later. Honestly, that procedure was pointless and painful. I do not reccomend. It grew back. And here i am today with another. My cyst has always been painless and unsightly. I cam feel the little ball from the inside out. I had a follow up 2 days ago and my gun told me to get the maraupialization its scheduled for july 5th. Im afraid. Idk anyone here in the states, let alone Houston, that has had this surgery and can reccomend or give some feeback or pointers. I just want this thing to stop coming back. Hopefully yours will heal. Im glad u posted something positive. Can u update before july your improvement? That will help me decide if i should go ahead or not. Thanks!
    • Posted

Get the surgery! Im doing well. This is 5 days post surgery and I feel good. I still have to take it easy because of the surgery but thats it. I went to work today for half a day and was fine. My vagina looks normal like it didnt happen to me. But mine never gets big so thats probably why. Its not sore there or no lump. Looks normal. I say go through the surgery
  • Posted

Hi Ladies,

I am now 34 yrs old and experienced my first blocked gland (cyst) 2 years ago oddly enough around this very same time.  I had no clue what it was and almost overnight it went from a small painful marble size to a golf ball I couldn't even sit down! I am not good with doctors or needles so I tried hot baths and squeezing it (embarrasing enough even had my boyfriend try!) Nothing helped.  By the forth day, I sucked up my fear, and scheduled an emergency apointment with my OBGYN.  It was so big and infected it was recommenced to lance and drain immediately.  I was so scared but the pain and not being able to normally function was much more important.  My doc was able to perform the procedure and complete it within 10 mins.  I was given a local shot and spray which didn't help cuz I still felt the scapal and drain being inserted, BUT!!! was all over in 10 minutes.  Two worst parts about having that done were wearing the drain for 3 weeks being a personal trainer and coach performing certain instructional movements and as of yesterday....it's back.

I didn't have the chance to do reseach 2 years ago. It came out of no where and by day 4 I was being sliced and drained!  I had no idea how many women were affected by this mysterious occurence.  

Unfortunately my obgyn is now retired and I've spent all morning trying to get an appointment as a new patient to see someone.  I don't want this to turn into  the same painful experience as two years ago.  Right now it's small and uncomforable.  I am taking hot baths and will put a warm compress on it tonight.  Has anyone ever tried arrousing themselves to stimulate the gland to excrete??  Has that helped anyone?  

I hope with my knowledge of now knowing what this is, I can take preventative measures to tame the cyst and help it  drain naturally.  Any info is welcome and happy not to be alone out there!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.