Im 25 and i have a fibroid

Posted , 12 users are following.

Im 25 and i have a 2.5 cm fibroid,dr told me i dont any treatment for now,i just check the size if it every 6 month,and its growing 1cm every year,i dont have any symptoms except some abdominal pain,what should i do?im scared of surgery treatments,i didnt get married yet,im thinking if wont be able have a baby,i googled fibroids and i just found all of them are in above 30,but first time i understood i have one fibroid i was 23,how can i have it in dat age,it ruing my life its making me depression feeling,im realy hopless,im in a relationship i think i should break up,i just wanna cry

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Find a doctor who will remove your fibroids now...while they can...not your uterus!  Don't wait...they'll just keep growing and you will end up like me with a 20cm friggin' grapefruit in my stomach.  Run, don't walk to a doctor who will listen to you!!!!

• Posted

Im scared of surgery,but except dat those who did surgery tell their fibroids are back again,my doc tell me just wait! She told i dont need do anything till i dont have heavy periods,i dont want to listen her im asking for some natural ways of cure if they will work
  • Posted

Hi, I was just like you. I was diagnosed with 'several small fibroids at the top of my uterus' at the age of 26. Like you I was pretty unsymptomatic, no abnormal bleeding, regular periods although the cramping was horrendous! At that point I just had a little abdominal bulge so I was put on a watch and wait for 2 years to see if I got pregnant. I had a boyfriend who I thought was sympathetic, turns out I was wrong so go back 2 years later or just over to find out they (the fibroids) had over doubled in size. Fast forward 18 months to November 15 and I had to have an open myomectomy to get rid of the things, the biggest one they took out was over 7lb!

Everyone is different I didn't try any special diets or take any meds before my Op, which wasn't as scary as it sounds I had a vertical cut, but I was out of bed the best day

• Posted

Sorry! Pressed the damn post button!

I was out of bed the next day, walking and home a couple of days after that, pain wasn't that bad, compared to the cramps I used to get it was nothing! The best bit was the relief! They were gone. I know what you mean about the stressing you out part, there wasn't a day that went by that I didnt worry about my chances for motherhood, cried myself to sleep far too many times and the worst bit? I didn't tell anyone not even my doctor. I'm much happier now they've gone, if even only for a few years. My advice to you, go back to your Dr tell them how you're feeling, it's important that you talk. Don't be afraid if they offer you surgery, try the homeopathic remedies if you like they could work for you. If you want to wait till you're in a position to have a family you do that, plenty of women have had successful pregnancies with fiboids

• Posted

I wish you all the best, stay strong! X
    • Posted

Hi kat thank you for answering,same here im always thinking i wont be able to have a child i wish i could do surgery aww dat was great u told you were out of bed next day,i dont want get married now i didnt want to have child for now,im busy with my job and studies,so after some years it will grow up is it possible to be pregnant while im having a big fibroid in dat time?im realy fed up still dont know what should i do im just leting it to grow,my doctor told me i need nothing only check size of it every six month and she told that maybe it will stop growing,i dont believe her,how can it will stop.
  • Posted

My advice would be to seek surgery to get it removed. I had an 8cm fibroid whicj required open myomectomy, the surgery went really well but it is a 6 week recovery. If you can get something less invasive now to remove it thats probably best. I doubt it will stop growing to be honest especially in your twenties.

Don't be afraid of surgery, and I'm sure you will be able to fall pregnant one day. Many women do even after the surgery I had. However it is best to have it on your agenda sooner rather than later if you have had fibroids. Also, fibroids do not turn into cancer. Breathe :-) you're going to be okay.

• Posted

Hi claudia,aww thank you for answering and your positive sentences.
  • Posted

Hello,

I am 27 and found out I have 3 fibroids in my uterus size 5cm. i am not married and this news has shocked me and am unable to focus on my studies and work anymore. I saw this thread from three years and would like to know what did you do about your fibroids and are you planning on getting pregnant anytime soon? because I'm not and this feeling that I might not be able to experience it is making me cry day night.

• Posted

@Allzwell hi , I’m 29 and i was diagnosed with fibroids in March of 2020. went to my gyn(first time seeing this doctor) and he said its huge. 10cm to be exact, he said there is only one huge one but there may be another smaller one next to it. My GP is actually the one who discovered the fibroid and sent me to do a US in March. anyways , I’m told that I will need a myomectomy and that I may not be able to have kids. I’m not married yet, don’t even have a boyfriend yet. But i do plan on getting married one day(Whenever God permits to send me my husband) and having a family. And now I'm just like you , crying myself to sleep everyday feeling depressed and like I somehow failed. I'm scared and feeling helpless and dont know who to talk to about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.