Im 25 y.o. with Skiped heart beats, tachycardia and other issues. Please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a 25 year old male and I feel like an old man. About 5 years ago I had my first episode or irregular heart beats, and since them I have skiped beats and palpitations that appear randomnly, regardless of activity. Even tho at times certain activities like excercice might trigger them, but most of the times ot doesnt.

During this period of 5 years, Ive had like 5 ekgs (not at the precise time of the symptoms), 3 holters for 24 hours and 2 echocardiograms. My cardiologist said my heart is normal and to avoid caffein and stress. However, this happens even when Im relaxed. I was on betablockers once for like 2 months but saw no difference so I stopped using them. I just kept living with them. But everytime I have a bad episode I get scared, afraid it might kill me.

Today Im writting this because I had a 5 minute long episode of tachycardia and fluttering. It scared me once again. To make matters worse, Im also dealing with a bad case of GERD for like 11 months now and I spent most time in locked in my bedroom because I dont feel well.

I would like to hear if other young people are going throught the same experience and if somebody has been able to stop this palpitations.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi gad1711,

GERD might be the cause, you haven't detailed your Eco therefore it is hard to answer. Anayway, this replay is to mention that some GERD medication is cross react with blood thinners, also some blood thinner is causing a palpitations, I am assuming you are on blood thinner, but if not just ignore all these. I guess all your symptoms due to GERD, so taking a medication can help, but improve the life styles and healthy program for long period will make a bigger change.

Regards.

• Posted

Thanks for responding. I have never been on blood thinners. Should I?

ECHO EF 69%

Left ventricular systolic function is normal.

Left ventricular wall motion is normal.

The transmital spectral Doppler flow pattern is normal for age.

There is trace mitral regurgitation.

There is trace tricuspid regurgitation.

Doppler Findings do not suggest pulmonary hypertension.

• Posted

how did you get your EKG results..? ..
    • Posted

Those are echo results. The doctor always gave the papers to me. I also have Holter results (all clear)
    • Posted

yes a no it is an echo ..that is an ekg...  ok i didnt get any results just said i had lvbbb and lad......... and given me beta blockers. ? 
  • Posted

ive had palps for 9 years ... had umpteen tests though im not 25 i can relate to this a lot ..  seems mine are LVBBB  and LAD.. still fed up not geting nothing done about it..well other then beta blockers which i have not started yet.? and dont really fancy them i am on blodd thinners for scattered mini strokes.. so these do not stop them . so good luck i wouldnt worry to much   just ignore them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.