Im 68 yrs of age and suffer terribly with atrophic vagin...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 68 yrs of age and suffer terribly with atrophic vaginitis. The only remedy that helps is hormone and then I start bleeding. I cant afford constant medical treatment and drugs so am up a creek so to speak...if any one has other remedies please share them with me.

[i:0f18e32f87]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0f18e32f87]

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have tried virtually every remidy possible to find the solution to this painful problem. Just recently my G.P. prescribed the Estring.

If your not familiar with this drug, it is basically a silicone ring inserted into the virgina. The ring is impregnated with Estrogen that releases a small daily dose for a period up to 3 months.

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback on the use of this product?

• Posted

Hi to you- I am also 68 and have used estring for several years for the urinary symptoms of atrophic vaginitis--it works very well-however the cost in the US has steadily climbed to now over - 400 dollars and I have no drug insurance coverage--2 things have helped with this

I now order this drug from Canada--using Canadian Drug company- is same product but I paid 97 dollars using a 25 percent off coupon they offer--us drug companys are ripping consumers off!!

I also stretch the use of this ring by leaving it in for 10 days, then removing for 1 week and then putting it back in for another 10 days- has extended use by 50 percent to about 4.5 months rather than 90 days--hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.