Im a healthy woman in my 30s just diagnosed with Diverticulosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I was just told i had diverticulosis and im really concered. I had a high fever and pain was in the hospital 2 weeks ago (diverticulitis) and back to normal chasing after my little onessmile. Getiing Colonoscopy done as a folow up. I always had a low fiber diet never ate fruits or anything. Now my diet is changing to healthy foods. How many flare ups is average? Im scared bc i heard people have them quite a bit. Can you have a glass of wine now and then while having divertiulosis? What triggers divirticulitis?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI, That was bad news, But there is a  Life to live, I'm old,male and have some serious DIV pouches, Listen to the DR. Follow his guidance, A little unlearned and too smart for my own health well being, I did not.

However after 6 or 7 months of 8 trips to the RR daily , having slips of undigestd food exit my body, I finally began drinking  (What the Dr. Ordered) water! Which I do not enjoy (why, I dunno!) very much.

If I had listened , and followed Dr.s advice, I may have avoided the past horrors.

I now drink a gallon of water a day- My issues with the RR have diminished to two to three visits and visits are not so horrible, events.

I also have began partaking small helpings of meat-which was a no no before-

I wish You all the best in Your journey, Wine I hear is a great way to keep Your Body healthy, Alcohol and wine are not the same. Alcohol is said to negate any benefits of dehydration , I assume that means

It dries Your organ fluids and does not allow them to function properly. Just saying- I do know alcohol will dry condesate off some manmade materials and harden leather (off the chain) I do not drink alcohol or wine, but Still Wine is verified to be beneficial.alcohol not so much.

Wishing You Best of th world.

• Posted

I have noticed that water had been helping me too. I wil make sure I continue this. Thank you
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, 

I used to have flair up but not anymore.

I did not change my diet very much.

Here are a few things i did do and it help alot.

1. Never take Ibuprofen or over the counter diaherra relief pills.

2. Drink more water with your meals. More water daily.

3. Don't stuff yourself, eat smaller meals.

4. Don't drink soda after 3pm.

5. take a good probiotic daily, one that is easy on your system.

6. I foun one food that tiggered mine was eating to much high gluten pizza.

I have not had a flair up in years.

Gary

• Posted

Many people have diverticulosis and are never aware and never have diverticulitis. I had it for the first time in January 2017, sick for 5 weeks and have been fine since then eating whatever I want  including fruits veggies, nuts per my doctor. Everyone is very different, most people go back to a normal diet. I think for many that have serious bouts  and ongoing problems also have other issues besides DD. Just remember everyone is different. I know many people who only have had it once. Think positive and don't let it rule your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.