Im back.... Post Op....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello lovely petals.... :wings:

Well, Its been 6 weeks today since i had my surgery (ACDF C4/5 & 5/6)

My surgery went very well....... :D Im sooooo sorry that i havent logged in here to tell you how i went but i went into a Rehab centre for 5 weeks after surgery to get better and cope wih daily living of wearing a hard collar 24 hrs a day!!!!! Thats probably caused me the most issues, the surgery was breeze compared to learning to cope with the collar!!!!! I can't look down...cant see my feet and about 1 metre around my feet...It doesn't sound like its hard but it is!!!! I was so scared of falling over...I am still using a walking stick to hold onto when im out of the house due to uneven surfaces and fear of falling and hurting my neck while it is trying to fuse!! I didn't have any plates or screws put into my neck during surgery, just a spacer or 'cage where the 2 bulging discs were removed. Its going to take 3 - 6 months for my neck to fuse completely. I see my Neuro next thursday October 22nd) and then i will find out if i can take this damned collar off for good!!!!! :nahnah: :cheerup: :cheers:

Having the collar on has caused a few problems with my back...mainly sciatica in my lower back and down my leg..... OUCH!!!!!!!!!

As far as the sucess of my surgery....I no longer have pain or tingling down my right arm..... :D The neck pain is improved a LOT......but again, its hard to tell things with the collar on. My worst issue was the awful headaches i had constantly...well...they are almost gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say almost because i do have a few headches, but nothing compared to before my surgery..... :D

If anyone has any questions they want to know about the surgery...feel free to ask....At the moment...I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!

Chat to you soon.....(Hi Auntie Em and Chris.....Thank you both for thinking of me and waiting patiently for news on my surgery) :hug:

Love Jas..xx..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wanna see a photo of me and my collar.....??? :lol:

Im the one in the collar.....of course...... :lol:

• Posted

Well done, hope all goes well when the collar comes off!

X

HC58

• Posted

welcome back debs, it was nice to log in and finally see your name posted. i have my neuro app on the 4th nov, but it is only about my shoulder, which the ortho consultant thinks is down to my neck, i have grinding pains in my clavicle, which i thought was a frozen shoulder. so i have to see what he says now. say thanks to your hubby and daughter for keeping us up to date, on fb. speak to you soon and glad that you feel so much improved, and less pain.. bye for now chris xxxx
  • Posted

Thanks HC and Chris.... :D

Im feeling pretty good the last few days...I feel like i have a bit of energy back....I want to clean my house...!!!! Um....maybe im sicker than i thought..... :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.