im beginning to dread food

Posted , 4 users are following.

just been diagnosed with hiatus hernia but have suffered with reflux n indigestion for ages. Now beginning to dread food as borhing seems t agree with me and meals out is a nightmare. anybody around suffering with me?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was initially only suffering after alcohol but after trying Omeperazole for a month - since I stopped  it's now bad with anything I eat. Dreading going for a meal out as scared to eat or drink alcohol now.

• Posted

I can relate to this yes.

I have a 5cm hiatus hernia which was found AFTER they removed my gallbladder.  That was 2 years ago.  Since then I swell every night, have horrific pain daily, pop pills after pills and feel rough most of the time. 

When I eat I am rushing to the loo not long after, I cant go out socially anymore due to swelling like a balloon in my middle section, struggle to breath when it swells a lot and basically my whole life has changed. 

Hospital have discharged me as they don't know what the problem is and basically my doctor just fills me up with more pills to swallow to try and keep it at bay.  It looks like I am doomed to a life of misery and pain since no one knows or cares what the cure is sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.