Im booked in for dermoid cyst removal, why do I have to have a full hysterectomy?

Posted , 6 users are following.

The consultant has told me that they dont think it is cancerous, Im not in any pain, it is 10cm in size, and Im 56. I cant understand why they want me to have a full hysterectomy when the scan showed it was attached to the right ovary. Can anyone explain this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just had a walk to my friends she only lives 50 mters and am knackered now x
  • Posted

Hi Janeliza

I also have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary , it's 20.5 cm x 12 x 12 and I am booked in for a full hysterectomy on 1st Oct which is this wednesday for me . They told me I have to have a hysterectomy due to the fact that I have had cervical cancer in the past and that my blood level ca125 is high and I have tumor markers , which indicate cancer..Although they have told me it could be a borderline tumor , I won't know until it's out and tested .  The best thing would be to straight out ask them why you need to have a hysterectomy ? It could be a number of reasons, one being your age as they said with me , I'm 46 and have had two children etc. Do you have to have a pre op appointment ? If so ask them why when you go to that ? I am so scared about having to have my Op but I am trying to stay positive , and I hope you can too , bewst of luck to you xx

• Posted

Hi Kathy

Really hope all goes well for you, I know how you must feel.

Im hoping to see someone for a second opinion, then I will ask all the necessary questions. Im prepared now, so shall ask, I was in shock when I was first told, so I didnt really ask enough.

All the best for Wednesday x x x

• Posted

Write them down as think of them and take them with you. One copy for them, I did, the consultant didn't mind and it is now part of my file, and one for you.

If you can have someone go with you

If you have a phone, know smart phones come with a built in voice recorder, can record on ask consultant if he minds 

Big hugs and thinking of you

Taz xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.