im done with sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive only been on 12.5mg and honestly its been hell and i feel so much more anxious and depressed its bad i feel like im going crazy ;( like i need to be in a nut house i was never this bad it got so bad i even thought about ending it all ;( im not going to but i want off this stupid med ughhh i want to feel better plus im alone all day and currently on my period and most of the day i just sit there and focus on how bad i feel i even feel like God doesn't care ;( i pray and beg for help but here i am feeling so horrible

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi are you sure it's sertraline you are on as the minimum dose is 50 mgs?   I am on 150 mg a day and it suits me fine. 

How long have you been taking your meds bearing in mind that it takes around 4-6 weeks to fully get into your system?   You can feel worse until it kicks in which your doctor should have warned you about.  You might need a review of your meds so go back and see your doctor.  Are you having any counselling?

I am not surprised you are feeling so horrible if you spend all day concentrating on how awful you feel as you are continually feeding into your depression.  The way to break this cycle is to make yourself go out even if you don't feel like or try and concentrate on other things like reading a book,  watching telly,  doing housework etc.  If your mind is engaged elsewhere you will feel better trust me.   Keep yourself as busy as you can so you don't have time to focus on how bad you are feeling. 

In other words try and take this negative energy and put it to positive use instead.  Not easy but surely better than wallowing in it?   x

• Posted

Sweetheart don't give up! 12.5 is a very low dose! I started on 50 and went. To 100 please please know that u can feel better!!!
    • Posted

There is no dose as low as 12.5 on sertraline.  I think she is on citalapram instead.  The minimum dosage on sertraline is 50 mgs.  x
    • Posted

That's what I thought. It's so painful regardless and just wish there was a cure. I went from 50 to 100 and it helped . But it never really leaves completely
    • Posted

actually i was on 12.5mg of sertraline i know so low actually people are on as low as 6mg and it works for them i had bad effects on it and honestly tapering today has calmed me even just a little everyone is different... different brains and metabolisms sertdaline wasnt right for me

• Posted

to be honest i felt so horrible even on such a low dose so im getting off and trying herbal remedys i never had such thoughts before the stupid pills rolleyes im glad it worked for you guys citalopram wprked for me and i quit it a few months ago and my dr started me on sertraline im done with Ads id rather just try the herbal way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.