Im freaking out, irrational fears

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know why but I felt like I was getting back to normal for the past week and now I feel like crap

I can't shake the idea of having a stroke or heart attack and I'm getting scared like I'm crying at the moment.

I've been having chest pains on my right side and it does get relieve when I burped but it always comes back, like what if one of my arteries are blocked and I have no clue ( I read countless stories about this happening to people) I've been having weird pains in my arms like my elbow and I get chest tightness....this is why I can't shake off a heart attack

My dad had a stroke last year and he said he had no symptoms, but he did have high blood pressure and did not take meds for it. I've been having migraine on the right side and I experienced shoulder cap pain that lasted about 5-25 minutes. I don't have high BP, or diabetes but I am overweight and 19 years old. But because stroke runs in the family i can't shake the feeling away.

The doctor wants me to,exercise to lose the excess weight but I'm afraid to do that too because I'm afraid of my heart rate going up

I'm so terrified

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im scared too,   im dependant on antipsychotics, its not pretty being like that, but im sure there is worse things.

Irrational fears, are perfectly rational to me.

All I can think of, is if you were as powerful as god,  they would be now irrational, but I'm not as powerful as god, and they seem perfectly rational to me.

WHAT IM AFRAID OF

a) life is boring and repetitive and a never ending waste of time, you have to just accept being accidentally born.

b) THERE IS NO SECURITY BEING HERE!  Security is a delusion!  Any time your body machine malfunctions you can accept that too.

IF I WERE GOD ->

a) being productive and trying your best, will make life more bearable, and there is much more than what I know now, and will last me 2 milleniums to keep thinking about, before ill know it all.

b) If you had nothing to lose (including your health), you would have nothing to start with.

• Posted

Currently I do have a boring life. I work take care of my dad who had a stroke and that's it. I will be starting school, and were are anticipating a move to a different state (back to our home). I stress because there's not a man of the family anymore it's just me my mom and sis (who eventually wants to live on her own). So basically it's me and my mom with my disabled dad. Its hard, but I'm grateful I have them in my life.

I don't ever think about giving up in life, if anything I want to live forever. But my current situation stresses me out beyond what I can handle.

• Posted

Hi,very sorry to read your story. Please focus on you! You will not have a stroke or a heart attack! Tell yourself this. Have you thought of reflexology? This is wonderful also how about aromatherapy? Also very good for stress! Visit your local health food shop,they will help you. Please focus on your breathing!!anxiety is not pleasant! Good luck.regards Amanda
  • Posted

Hi there is nothing worse than feeling crap.  I myself get really bad days but I am trying to get though it with the help and Grace of God.

I take two medicines for my anxiety and depression.  Over the past seven weeks I have been going to see a great CBT chap named William, he lays out all these little rules and goals for the week ahead, nothing major just five minutes or so.  I even went to Church last week.  Have you ben to see your doctor he may be able to prescribe some medication to help at this time, losing weight is not easy but when you have managed it you feel great.

Keep in touch

• Posted

My doctor is making the appointments for me to see a psychologist, so far we had to leave messages.

My mom and I decided that I would not take the meds as of right now. I wanna see how the counseling goes and then I'll think about starting the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.