Im having injection in my knees. How long should i b off work

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a nurse assistant and cwork 13.5 hr day . I am having injections in my knee and wasxwondering can i drive and do i need time off work

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I did but we are all different. You will get flushing in your face, don't worry, it's normal. Just had my shoulder done this morning, getting right shoulder done friday and repeat of left knee next week so i am very used to this now. Good luck

• Posted

Surely the doctor giving the injection is telling you what to do afterwards, if not, I ask if this person is qualified to do the job.

When I have had then in my finger, okay to drive home as the local hasn't worn off yet. Then told to go and rest for a couple of hours. Usually fine next day but clear instructions given by doctor adminstering the injection. 

• Posted

Hi Pamela:

I had steroid injections in my knee once and didn't have to change any of my activities. It didn't affect my driving or ability to work. Actually it helped because the shot helped my knee pain....Wishing you well....Barb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.