Im HSV 2 and my last two partners had shingles outbreaks two weeks after sex???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok this is way to coincidental and is freaking me out!  Ive had type 2 since 2009 (Male 44 yrs old) and have had minimal outbreaks thank god.  Went OB free twice over a year in that time but mostly very small one to three bumps every 3-4 months. Anyways the last two women I slept with both got shingles 2 weeks after I had sex with them. One was 37 years old and the other 32 years old??  I know you cant give someone shingles but isnt that weird??? Is it possible they contracted the virus from me and shingles is the first outbreak, like a reaction??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was the sex unprotected? And why do you think shingles? Is that what their doctors said, and where was the rash located?
    • Posted

I get outbreaks in my pubic area so protected or unprotected I can still pass it alon by the skin rubbing obviously.  The one girl got shingles on her upper back/shoulder and the other got it on her lower back and inside her stomach, like underneath her skin!  ouch  
    • Posted

But unprotected is much more likely to transmit herpes. Well, at least it doesn't sound like they got herpes, because those are very unlikely locations for a first outbreak. If conclusively shingles, then it's likely just a weird coincidence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.