Im ill :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thought i would share this with you guys becasue im feeling sorry for myself lol

I have had a tummy bug since early hours of tues morning - caught from my neice who was in hospital with viral gastroenteritis, they discharged her 11 at night without giving her any meds because she was under 1, then rang my sis in law up 2 days later saying what she has is incredibly infectious and contagious - by then the whole famiyl had seen her, and now pretty much the whiole family has in turn come down with it. Hopefully i will be the last though! Hoping my partner doesnt get it :cry: bless im!! Bloody nhs eh - what is wrong with them :!:

So i havent eaten barely anything for nearly 2 1/2 days accept 3 dry potato waffles yesterday eve and a couple pots of muller stars jelly - on the upside do you think it would of help me loose a few pound :wink: i have my next weigh in a week monday lol

Im on the mend now, still feel like my tummy is swollen, may try more food later also, missed out on a week of work tho, and the weather im told has been amazing sad i also stopped the tabs because i wasnt eating anything, still havent really eaten anything, think i may leave them until i start eating properly, my tummy cant take anymore of a battering than it already has!

Thanks for listening

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sian, I'm so sorry you have been ill. Hope you are feeling much better now. Make sure you keep the fluid intake up. If you get dehydrated you'll feel so much worse. Sending you lots of hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug:
  • Posted

Aww cheers petal!

Im on the road to recovery, i just end up feeling so sorry for myself!

I got a lovely boss who is happy for me not to go back til next week now so i dont pass it on plus i work with food too!

Lots of fluids for me for sure

• Posted

my husband had a really bad stomach a month or so back and he lost 9lbs over 3 days. You do really need to stick to plain food and small portions when you're feeling up to trying to eat again as your stomach will need to get used to digesting again.

poor you and hope everyone else affected is feeling much better now and no one else gets it.

• Posted

glad you're on the mend, its horrible isnt it. i had a stomach bug a few years ago, lost 11lbs in 3 days and all i could manage was little bits of dry toast, water and i had to force down some dioralyte to keep the electrolights up as i was being sick so much
  • Posted

Ewww dioralyte lol

My grandad and sis in law have been the last to have it, my grandad being the worst as his health isnt the best at mo with just starting a bit of treatment for cancer- thats all they have been going on about, but i seriously, really dont like taking any tabs/drnks/meds etc unless i feel its a serious problem, another 2 days of what i had tho and i would of considered it lol

Thanx for advice guys

x

• Posted

Ew dioralyte lol

My grandad and sis in law have been the last to have it, my grandad being the worst as his health isnt the best at mo with just starting a bit of treatment for cancer- thats all they have been going on about, but i seriously, really dont like taking any tabs/drnks/meds etc unless i feel its a serious problem, another 2 days of what i had tho and i would of considered it lol

Thanx for advice guys

x

• Posted

oops put 3 'w's in Ew lol
  • Posted

Not been on for a couple of days so hope you are much better now and hope it has helped with your weight loss :D
  • Posted

Thanks trying hard, i am, and i hope so too smile
  • Posted

Sorry Sian_B, I haven't logged on for a few days. I hope all the family are well on the way to recovery now.
  • Posted

We are thanks sally smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.