im in need for advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im doing this on behalf of my friend for the last 13 years she has been throwing up nauseous and having stomach pains. The last two months have been really bad and it seems like it is getting worse as she goes. She is very scared and cries alot all the drs are doing is sending her to mental health. Here is what i am witnessing with her.

*Shes throws up every morning and when she eats something.

* she has blood in her stool and vomit.

*one day she called 911 because all she did was sit on the toilet and nothing but blood came out.

* just recently she coughs and looses her bowels

* she got an mri, gastrostrapy, blood work, biopsy on her stomach but not a colon ostrapy weird right.

*she gets stomach pains.

* now she seems like she's really sick and scared

no one is helping her and she cries because all she wants to do is eat something, her medication doint go down half the time.

She is freaked out and so am i this is not a normal 29 years old life.

We tried everything we can and the doctors are saying it is all in her head. But if it was u would think she would be able to stop it.

She is a bigger girl who weighed 315lbs now she's to scared to weigh herself. Over a month ago she weighed 290lbs she is still dropping weight like crazy. The doctors keep giving her pills they are even risking taking two medications that conflict with each other.

May someone please help us we are lost and scared its going to be to late

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My only answer for you is for her to be persistent until someone takes her serious.

If she is losing a lot of blood, blood tests will show that. Also, if they blood is red, it means something totally different than dark like coffee blood.

Hope this helps. She mi ht need your assistance in being proactive.

• Posted

Just reassure her. Find a g.I. doctor that will forward colonoscopy and endoscopy!

It could be as simple as its or what she eats or lack thereof of

• Posted

she must go to emergency hospitsl or see a different doctor. Bllod and vomit and weight loss is not right..are they nuts the consultants.  It would not b mental health even if blood test says all OK.. Surely they have offered an endoscopy or she must have colonoscopy. Just cos she young do not be put off. You sound like you are helping her and supporting her. Take a video when it happens or a picture of stools even!! Noone here consultant believed my pain etc but my kids a witness but we have fought for 2 or 3 opinions as I too told mental health, yet never in whole life have I lived 18 months now with horrendous pain all startted for me with gallstones worse once removed still now and aftr peristance am due more tests . You feel so helpless . 
    • Posted

She does feel helpless she's starting to believe that it is in her head or her anxiety. As everyone is telling her. But that doesn't work either. You would think blood in stool do a colon ostrapy

• Posted

But if you are a witness to her pain etc she is not going nuts.  I was told for months and months it is mental health (as I have had depression etc years now 67) but I know and still know it is not. All my bloods returned to normal after pancreatitis but I kept on and on. I was told depression all sorts and how women get these things. As I said, it may sound embarrassing but get her to pass in a bowl or something and if bloody take a picture and of her crying in pain  Then show her GP.  If there is blood he will see it. Or better still tke a stool sample which I would have by now in a pot and show GP.  My friend had stress and anxiety years and blood etc when stressed!!! It was diverticulitous a bowel disease and she lost weight but took months to diagnose and she said stress did bring it on. A well known GI consultant here says brain is linked to bowels and it is true, but doesnt mean something is not wrong. If it were my daughter I would back her up and insist on stool sample. Good luck I say a prayer for her and you sound a great support.   My friends thought I was nuts too but my kids have seen me depressed over the yyears, but I never had my pain like this in my life. Pain means something is wrong.
    • Posted

I agree with you! I had to take my own sample in because my Dr didn't believe me.

• Posted

What were the results of the tests she has had done?  Change your doctor and push for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.  These symptoms don't sound like they are in her head.  The blood in her stools and vomit needs investigating.

• Posted

I would call or email her insurance carrier and tell them the situation.  If she doesn't get a response, call back and talk to another person.  Definitely need colon and upper GI scoped.  Also an mri.  Her medical team is useless.  When they can't find the problem, they always blame it on mental health.  I don't believe this is the case for her.  Try herbal cures.  Check it out online or go to a health food store.  The clerks will be able to guide you to the right supplement.  God bless and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.