im in so much pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey im new to this and really need advice i started getting pains in my right side last saturday (14th feb) i didnt think anything of it as now and again i get pains so i ignored them i then went work on sunday mornin as normal but the pains started getting stronger and wasnt going i still just carryed on as normal then monday i started gettin pains in my lower back and i still ignored it as i had a fall a couple of years ago and it messed my back up then when i came home from my friends on tuesday i was in so much pain i still ignored it wednesday morning i rang the doctors and they said i needed to be seen sooner rather then later and then told me to ring back in the mornin so wednesday evening i went to work as normal but the pain was to much i rang my doctors again and they told me to come down at half 5 so then my dad took me i then sat there waiting for ages and then i got called in i didnt see my doctors i saw the on call doctor she was rude to me i walked in and she said what is wrong with you i told her i was getting pains she goes what do you think it could be i said it could be a uti as ive had one before she then said did i bring a urinary sample and i said no she said well didnt you use your common sence and bring one if you think you have a uti i said i was at work and didnt have anything to put it in she was then rude and chucked the tube at me and told me to get out and do a wee sample i then went back in and she was asking the normal questions about my periods,sex etc and she said when did i last have it i told her she goes so you could be pregnant i said no she wasnt having any of it she gave me 15 caps of amoxicillin and said they wont do anything so im still in pain having to have time of work and lastnight wednesday(18th feb) at 3 am i was sick and again tonight i feel sick i really need advice on what i should do 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy what a bitch that gp was! Unfortunately we do get them! Are you in UK? If so go straight to a and e. Do not leave it any longer! I have had this kind of thing for the last 20 odd years and it sounds like you need to be seen asap. They will be fine with you, do blood tests, a proper urine test and maybe a scan on your bladder and kidneys. Go tonight hun don't leave it!! Please let me know how you get on xx
  • Posted

Oh and when you are feeling better do write a letter to the surgery manager! They do need feedback, too many doctors think they have an automatic right to respect. I have learned the hard way that they have to earn that respect and don't let them get away with it any more, but when I was young I let them get away with far far too much. It would take me all night and then some to tell you about all the trouble I have had from them! They need to be put in their place!! Please go! And make sure someone is with you if you feel you can't speak out for yourself. I know its hard, my daughter won't go without me and even asks me to talk for her! Lol good luck! Let me know! Xx
  • Posted

Oh dear me you poor thing! I second everything Sandy has told you Amy. Sit in casualty for however long you need. I have just read your post so I do hope you have been to casualty.They will carry out the necessary tests. The MOST important thing is that you MUST DEMAND to see a Consultant Urologist.Do not be intimidated by any of these nasty people Amy. Please. Good luck and keep posting here. We are here for you.
  • Posted

oops forgot to add. Try to drink lots of water - 8 glasses daily if you can. x
  • Posted

Also Amy to alleviate some of the pain paracetomol every 4 hours.
  • Posted

my dad came with me as he had to take me but when we got home i told my mom and ended up crying cause i was in so much pain i did go to a&e they said she should of transferred me asap because it was more serious then i though and my mom and dad came with me but my mom went to my doctors and had ago at the doctor and she tryed saying she did do her job properly which she clearly didnt i have put a complaint againest her and its under investigation im now back home and going back to work tomorrow (saturday 21st) and yeah im in the uk i told her my self she was a bitch cause i felt like she judged me when thats not her job i am still in a bit of pain but not as much as i was i also keep feeling sick but think its cause i also have a chest infection but to be honest i really dont want to go back to my doctors incase i have to see her again thanks for the help and adivce xx
    • Posted

What did they say it was at the hospital?

you can insist on never seeing her again! 

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.