Im just 14 and I have a bartholin cyst HELP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and I had a bartholin cyst that started i think Saturday and what's worst is that i have my period starting. It's now Monday and thank God I don't have school but tommorow I do and.. anyways I've been searching and trying things by it hurts so much. I can't walk right and sit comfterably. I can't tell my parents cause I'm so scared and embarssed. I've been laying down in my bed everyday putting a warm rag on the cyst trying to just sleep. It hurts to just walk with the rag on too and I just break down all the time. I can't take baths due to my period but.. it's just too much. I'm just 14! I NEED help badly. It really hurts and I cry having to think about no walking right during school

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You definitely need to tell your mother. It may be a little embarrassing but it’s completely normal and lots of women go through it. I got my first one at 15 and struggled for years till I was 22 and I finally got it removed. Tell your mom so she can take you to the doctor and figure what is the next step for you. 
  • Posted

Hey little sister.

Sending you a big hug.  Lots of us on this forum totally understand the pain you are going through.  It is awful and I know what it is like when it is so painful you cant really walk.

Firstly well done on figuring it out by yourself.  You are smarter than me!  A doctor had to tell me what it was.  

I think you need to avoid going to school.  Quick question do you have a nurse at school you could see?  They would be able to help I am sure.  

Do consider having a bath.  It does give you some relief.  The bath will just go a little light pink...I have had baths with a period.  The bath will give you some relief.  

You should really talk to an adult as there is a decent chance the bartholin cyst wont sort itself by itself.  Personally I would write down on a piece of paper to your mum writing...can she make a doctors appointment as you have a bartholin cyst and you don't want to talk about it at the moment and need time to be able to talk about it.  

Managing the pain, being as still as possible.

Try and figure out how you can make contact with a doctor.  Maybe even through a friends mum if your parents are a no go.  

Do try and pluck up the courage to tell your mum somehow.  The sooner you can see a doctor the sooner this nightmare will be over for you.  

Sending you another hug!!

Miranda

• Posted

Tell your mom asap and have her get you yo a gynecologist. You don't want the cryst turning in an abscess. You need to get the help asap. It's a medical issue not something to be embarrassed about. Good luck. Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi boo, don't worry at all about it. I've suffered the Bartholin cyst about 4 times this year. Please go down and tell your mum about it, don't be afraid. The first time I had mine it was excruciating pain couldn't walk or sit just like you. I got it the 2nd time and I got antibiotics for it and I cannot tell you what a relief it was to get them. I was only uncomfortable for 1 night, the next morning I woke up to it popped. As soon as it pops it's an instant relief. Honestly, don't worry. Please tell your mum and go to the doctors if it's causing you pain please.

I hope your doing okay I really do, it's horrible them things xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.