Im just 14 and I have a bartholin cyst HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and I had a bartholin cyst that started i think Saturday and what's worst is that i have my period starting. It's now Monday and thank God I don't have school but tommorow I do and.. anyways I've been searching and trying things but it hurts so much. I can't walk right and sit comfterably. I can't tell my parents cause I'm so scared and embarssed. I've been laying down in my bed everyday putting a warm rag on the cyst trying to just sleep. It hurts to just walk with the rag on too and I just break down all the time. I can't take baths due to my period but.. it's just too much. I'm just 14! I NEED help badly. It really hurts and I cry having to think about not walking right during school and having to join PE activities acting like I'm fine. It sucks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i hope your pain's lessen by the time you read this. I know how you feel. I've been there and it sucks. But i think its better for you to tell your parents about it. There's nothing to be embarrased about. they'll know what to do to help you. I've been there. I was scared to tell my parents too but i cant help it, the pain was to much. So i suggest to just tell your parents or at least your mom. I hope you'll feel better soon. Take care x

• Posted

100% tell your parents gal! I got my first one at 16 and I was HORRIFIED to tell my mum but trust me she should help you. If you trust her that is... if not, a close family friend who is an adult? You need to see a doctor but let me tell you - if it’s the size of an egg or more.  Go to the ED at your public hospital, they might put you in for a marsuplusation. I know getting an operation is scary but it will heal in a few days and fingers crossed - fix the issue xx
  • Posted

Hi marchey04

Your mom is the right person to first contact so don't feel shy. Consult a gyno immediately with your mom. Don't panic about school first take care of your health. And one more thing if it is your first experience with this pain let Dr. Confirms first whether it BC or not.

• Posted

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. I was 23 when I first got mine and I can't imagine at your age... First know that it is normal and you shouldn't be embarrassed. It has nothing to do with sex. And you might need an adult to take you to the clinic and get it popped because if you go to the ER last minute they might not have time for numbing which happened to me the first time sad But also there are home remedies you can try so it stays small and doesn't grow too big. I used a cotton pad and put coconut oil on it then sprinkled powdered turmeric which is an anti inflammatory and you can find it at a store in the spices sections and looks like a yellow orange color. Sounds weird but it really worked for me my second time because it never grew as big. And I went to a clinic and scheduled an appointment to numb it and cut it. Thankfully I did this and didn't need a big surgery. And thank god I haven't had another one since. Please girl get an adult you can trust To Help you. You will need to clean it well and if you find a way to explain to your parents it would be best because it's hard to hide eventually... Good luck!

• Posted

i know i am late to this discussion but, First tell your parents so they know what you are dealing with here - its very painful and could become very serious. Second once you shower your period will usually stop at some point momentarily and you can rinse the tub and run tour bath you need to sit in it or get a sitz bath sold on AMAZON or any drug store site. Hopefully, all went well, but be prepared for a potential reoccurence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.