Im losing control of my body...please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since i have been 7 year old (now 26) i have sufferd from hemiplegic migrances, paralising my right side.

For the past year or so it has got bad where i cant speak, walk or even feel my whole body now. I constantly feel like i am going to have a bad turn and forget my own name from time to time. 

I have been to the neurologist who wont even give me a scan and says it just a migrane last year.

On occasion i have woken up and peed without knowing and waking up with my legs shaking and my sight has got so bad i can barley see. 

No one is taken this serious but im terrifed its going to get worst and cant even leave the house in fear im going to have a bad turn and not be able to walk off a bus or speak.

I feel like im wasting the doctors time as he keeps telling me to just take paracetomal.

Please help. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Katie, you do Ned to see another Doctor dear.. I have not heard of some if the things that you are saying are happening to you, being from a migraine..they could be, but you do Ned to get this checked out hon
    • Posted

Katie's symptoms are similar to those of rare forms of migraine. I know this as I have the same.

This post will only scare someone.

• Posted

I'm not trying to scare anyone it's scary enough for me.to go through hence I was hoping someone could say what it might be if not migranes

I am going to ask for a 2nd opinion but even getting an appointment I've wanted 14 months last time

I just want to be able to leave my house and not scared I may not be able to get off a bus or end up having no sight all of a sudden without any warning

So am sorry of it scares anyone I'm just looking for help

• Posted

Not your post Katie, sorry for the confusion. The post I replied to that said hat your symptoms aren't migraine. I didn't want it to scare you as I experience same symptoms as you x
    • Posted

Sorry it's been a long day (:

Have you been to the doctors about yours??

X

• Posted

Yes, it all started 2 years ago when I was 25. I've been on 6 types of meds and Botox. I got referred to the national hospital for neurology in London and finally received a diagnosis and now have a management plan so fingers crossed it works.

You really need a second opinion from a different doctor and a possible Referal to get the correct management plan for you and a ct/MRI scan.

I just don't want posts to scare you. If you ever need to chat just say.

Tomorrow call/email and say you want a second opinion. Paracetamol will do nothing xx

• Posted

Im in Scotland and the neurologist department closest to me closed down so there's massive ques

I have been on pills on and off etc and now I'm on nothing and got told that paracetamol will need to do.

I will call tomorrow and try demand something. My gp told me to go buy feverfew from the herb shop but I don't want to mess around.

Thank you though you don't know how much I appreciate it x

• Posted

I think you need to be assertive, that's what I've learnt. Call your GP and insist you get a referral to London if possible as they can't leave you like this. Threaten to make a formal complaint and that you're going to the media (not that you actually will). It's not fair x
  • Posted

Yes Katie,

Robyn is right about the stupid drs you are currently seeing.

Its an insult to be told to take paracetamol or fever few, what rubbish!

The National Neurolgy hospital in Londion is great for me too Robyn, I see Dr Matharu, he has really helped me come a long way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.