Im losing my hair and im scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my name is nat im a 20yr old girl and jst last wk i found a big bald patch on the side of my head. at 1st i wouldnt let anyone look through my hair cause i was so scared but after a couple of days my mum looked through and found another 4/5 smaller patches. I have big, thick, naturaly curly hair and at the minute its easy enough to cover them but aswel as my patches my hair is gettin thinner. I had my blood results bk n they were clear. im so scared i will lose all my hair but every1 tells me that only time will tell. :cry:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there how are you doing? I was just reading your post and just wanted to see how your were.

I have the same thing as you and i no how you must be feeling and it would be really good to talk to you about it if you would like?

• Posted

Hi There

I have just found a bald patch on the side of my head and my husband has found another 3, please can you let me know how did you get on with your ones, did it clear up? I'm really really scared and very worried (infact shaking writing this)

• Posted

Hi please try not to fret. i am 31 and last july i went from a full head of hair to bold in four weeks. I have to small children and had to carry on for there sake.

I do wear a wig now and its great. No bad hair days.

Got some re growth after steroid tablets i have taken fron the hospital.

Be strong your not alone.

Corinne

• Posted

Hi, I thought I'd reply as my story is fairly upbeat. I first had alopecia back in 2003, one of my friends noticed a bald patch...I was devasted...it got about as big as a 50p piece and was right on the top of my head. I wore a pony tail for a year but it did grow back.

I have had a couple of episodes since, once when my Dad passed away...and am now suffering again.

I feel lucky in a weird way as I can easily associate each attack with a stressful event in my life...but every time my hair has regrown. The first time took a year, the second time only 2-3 months. I'm hoping (and fairly confident) that within the next 6 weeks I'll see some regrowth again.

I say stay hopeful, I keep reading that in the majority of cases hair does regrow.

• Posted

Natalie! Oh my goodness!

I am 20! I found a bald patch on the back of my head about 2 months ago now. It's probably 31/2 cm width and length. I couldn't believe it and i cry about it all the time! About five minutes ago I put my hair in a pony tail to get into the bath and noticed a tiny patch on the left side just in front of my ear. I had blood tests and my immune system was low but is creeping up again. I do NOT know what to do!

My doctor doesn't seem concerned! I am though!

Hope this makes you feel a bit better knowing there's something your age suffering too!

• Posted

im 15 and iv had the same since i was 8 so i know exactly how you feel

its gets better believe me!

iv really struggled over the years cuz im at the age where everyone cares what they look like and how theyre hair is

after a while you will find ways to cover the patches and i know its hard but people will help you through it

iv got my prom soon and im really worried that my hair will ruin my day but im not going to let it

if youre strong then youll be fine, dont worry too much about it it makes it worse

x

• Posted

Hi,

I'm also going through the same thing. At first I thought my hair was generally thinning & as I have thick hair wasn't bothered but a now have two large patches and the rate of hairloss isn't slowing down. Blood test were all normal and dr gave me some steroid ointment (which makes my hair really manky) but didn't want to see me again unless it got really bad. I've changed my parting and so far you can't see my patches so that's good but I am very paranoid about them.

I'm getting married in 7 months and I just hope its better by then and I'm not a bald bride!

Also I've my scalp has been painful in the areas where my hair has come out, has anyone else noticed this?

• Posted

I'm just back from doctors today... i thought he'd tell me i was overstyling my hair but turns out it is alopecia areata- i'm lucky it's the size of 10 pence piece and my hair is so thick it covers it up. Just worried if any new patches develop. I'm getting married in 4 months too. Is it linked to stress?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.