im lost

Posted , 3 users are following.

i lost my job today due to my attendance ive been ill for a whle then i dont go in cos i cant drag myself to work on my s**t days and now ive no job my life is just caving in i feel so s**t all the time what am i supposed to do now i cant keep a job i live on my own and cant live off benefits forever whats going on?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tezz, it really is awful what your going through, I hope your getting the treatment you need to overcome this depression. If you've to live on benefits for a while until you are well again then so be it, it won't be forever.

Get the meds and therapy you need and take things from there.

• Posted

Hi, are you in the UK? have you been diagnosed with anything? I think that will be your first step. Once you know what your are dealing with you can then ask for help and support. Your gp maybe able to refer you on for counseling?

You may find it useful to have a look at the Equality Act legislation to discuss with your gp whether you may be covered by that, which may be helpful going forward and looking for alternative employment.

It might be a good idea to make an appointment with your local Citizens Advice Bureau for advice? Or maybe ACAS might be able to help? Or clarify employment legislation? For example, whether you can be finished from work due to a medical condition.

CAB might also be able to advise on PIP if you are so I'll that you cannot work?!

Good luck

• Posted

i have borederline personality disorder, depression and anxiety, its not that ive had medication it didnt work just made things worse, ive been through counselling and cbt, cbt helped i was getting out once a week which helped but i only have my bf and my best mate i can go out with, my bf works and my best friend doesnt like going out much, i cant get pip or dvla, i was on sick and getting drs notes but i went for a medical and didnt get it so i have to look for work n find a job
    • Posted

I would recommend going back to your GP and see if there is anything else that they can do? Maybe refer you back for further counselling?

Depending on how long you have had problems, you may find it helpful to speak with cab to discuss whether or not you would be covered under the equality act.

In terms of finding a job, that is going to be up to you. It would be worth checking out the employer to see whether they are a 2 ticks employer or they may have that they are a disability confident employer.

You probably will be able to go to work with the correct support in place.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.