Im on 75mg immediate release at nite I take it Bout 6.30

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take it at 6.30.. I dnt sleep well at nite..the nxt day I'm so tired iv no engery .. I seem to be down and very anxious.. it's really getting to me. iv been on this dose for 5 weeks. Shud I take it in the morning instead?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

I take mine in the morning not at night time.  How long have you been on it for? 

Rhian

• Posted

Hi! There's a lot you can do right now to feel better while your brain reaches that therapeutic dose. I hope you're starting to feel some improvement by now. It takes anywhere from 3 weeks to two months for this medication to will, but once it does, you'll be feeling like your old self. Yes, take it in the morning. I do. It seems to be what most of us do and it works better that way.

So.... VIGOROUS exercise works like a miracle to boost serotonin in our brain. Walking or biking outside works the best for me. And if you Google "how do I boost serotonin," you'll find all kinds of info about eating protein, especially turkey, and other foods that concert to serotonin.

Obviously, no caffeine or dark chocolate, cut down the sugar... Etc, are all wise things to do. And personally, I put my electronics away a couple of hours before bed. That really stops my mind from racing. And the last two things that I do is see a therapist who has me sort out my feelings, etc. And I pray a lot, go to church regularly, and volunteer there. I keep my mind focused on God and give my worries to him. That alone brings me great peace!!!

You're going to feel better. You've come this far!!!! Be patient with yourself and the medicine. And if you need extra help, talk to your doctor about taking a low dose of Ativan when you need it. It will help you over the rough spots until your medicine is fully in your system. God bless you and keep in touch!

• Posted

Hey i started 37.5mg in Dec and I was upped there in May..just the past few days in been really down and anxious but iv a lot off stress at the min..my mother in law law has terminal cancer and she has a few months...my 3 yr old has been diagnosed with austium a d my husband works fulltime then goes to his mum's every night so I'm ledt alone with the kids ..theyre 16 13 and 3

• Posted

I'm so sorry that your family is going through all of this. It's hard to be the one who's supposed to hold the family together and make sure everyone is taken care of.... And we neglect ourselves. It's important that you take care of yourself, too.

But as far as the medication, some people have start up anxiety and if you've recently bumped up, you probably have a little more anxiety because of the dose increase, plus all of your family issues. It really should even out. Remember to breathe and take someone for yourself every day, if you can, even if it's a quick walk around the block just to clear your head. God bless you!

• Posted

Hi I’ve just re read this: 

I feel your pain with everything you are going through. I lost my sister last year and also I am a single mum to two boys. I do everything and keep others going as well. 

I just read again and see you are on immediate release...... perhaps try taking one in mornig and one at nighttime and see how that evens out. I am on the slow release 75mg and for a while added 37.5 immediate release as well. I find it better to take in the morning. 

I don’t sleep well either ...... it’s hard to switch your brain off plus depression makes you tired and sluggish and not want to do anything. All I can advise is to fight that feeling as much as you can and get up and do something. If you can grab an hours nap if you need it but limit it. I can sleep for hours and hours in the day time but this is an escape for me and I pay for it ten fold at night with even worse sleep than before. 

Be kind to yourself you are going through a lot and it’s ok to feel low. Don’t beat yourself up about it. I find that I can let it sit for a while in a day. If I’m bad I give myself over to a period of time so worry or feel sad or just hide but then I force myself back up again and just deliberately keep myself busy. 

This doesn’t always work and sometimes fails spectacularly. However I’ve tried and I just carry on trying and the depression won’t beat me. Anxiety is a b***h. That’s another one to face. I try to keep around people as much as I don’t want to, but it allows me to change my focus, and sometimes the can snap me out of it for short or longer spells. 

I know none of this is much help but I do wanted you to know you are not alone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.