im on beginningbeginning of week 8 and still have bad sid efects is that normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey

this is to everyone

I'm on the beginning of week 8 and having still bad side effects and anxiety attacks early in the mornings

is that normal this far in on the meds ? Please help as I am scared of going backwards

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes very normal. this only started settling a bit after 12 weeks. more so after 14. keep going. I know it's hard.

• Posted

Hello Lala....i been on lexapro for about 3 months. Started with 5mg and then 10 mg for 5.5 weeks....and now on 15mg for about 6.5 weeks. Since starting 15mg, i had great weeks 3-5 with no anxiety and i was being myself. Since week 6, have had mild anxiety creep in now and then every other day. Couple of days back i was picture perfect for two days and didnt think of medication and just went about my daily tasks. Last couple of days, mild anxiety has creeped now and then and it kinda woke me up and got me restless. Does it appear 15mg might be running its course and I may need to move up to 20 mg ? Or 15mg can give better results given more patience to adjust to my body. ? Thanks much for your thoughts

• Edited

I've definitely read that the morning anxiety is the last thing to go which is super hard to deal with as it kind of sets the tone for the day doesn't it so I really feel for you. I've also found that exercise seems to make me anxious and I presume it's cos it releases feel good chemicals which can be wrongly interpreted as anxiety. I regularly get back in my car after my daily half hr walk in the park and burst into tears cos I feel so anxious. Hang on in there for a while longer and keep using positive affirmations to help you cope e.g. I can take things one day at a time, I can get through this etc etc. xxxx

• Posted

Hi

thank u

send u a message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.