Im Really Panicking, Could Use Some Urgent Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I currently haven't been diagnosed with genital Herpes although I'm almost certain that I do. Sex weeks after unprotected sex with a female I experienced some pain whilst peeing and yellow discharge. I went to the clinic and was tested to which the results for you routine tests were negative. Following that I developed a cold sore on my chin (I'd never had one before) so visited my GP and was immediately put on Acyclovir, i never had an outbreak but tingling on the tip of my penis. 

Fast forward a month and I'd thought little of it, until I had a small ulcer develop on the tip of my penis, it was very small in size and has disappeared within 5 days, I did get it swabbed so waiting for the results of that test. I can handle having herpes but what I cant handle is the pain I'm currently having.

3 days after the ulcer forming I experienced some pain in the back of my left calf, almost like a sunburn pain. This has then spread to my testicles which is causing a severe numbing pain which is pretty unbearable. I've read up on Post Herpetic Neuralgia and seen that it can take months to years to get rid of. I can't imagine living my life with this pain and I just can't seem to function or continue at the moment. It's been about two days since having it.

- My question really is has anyone had experience in post herpetic neuralgia

- If so how long did it take to disappear?

The pain is awful and reading that nothing can really be done to address it is heartbreaking for me at the moment.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

For most you get flu like symptoms, most have pain somewhere in one or both legs that radiates to different areas and the numbness is just part of the condition. Outbreaks are triggered by stress, so do what you can to live a calm life. I've had this for 27 years. You pretty much just get used to it because it doesn't go away. I've tried all the medications over the years and they all make me nauseous, with stomach aches and dizziness. So I just deal with it now. You have to try different things to see if you find something that works for you. Good luck!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.