Im really worried about having my gastric band fitted

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've got less then a week until I have my gastric band fitted.... Im so worried, has anyone or is anyone in the same boat as me?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

It is a very nerve wracking process but as soon as you wake up after the op the relief you feel is amazing!!

I had my band October last year & I'm having my third fill in Friday!

If I can help in anyway then please let me know and I can give you advice/my opinion!

It honestly isn't as bad as you fear x

• Posted

Hi louzo

i was exactly the same read my posts but please  please try and think of the long term benefit x I am 1 week post band and since my pre op diet I'm 15 lb lighter it has been a ruff week and it hurt but that's probably due to me having my hernia sorted at same time I am now fine sat here watching coronation street full and have no regrets x anxiety and fear is normal and many regrets I had in first few days but now none x anyone of the lovely ladies that have helped me on here over the last few weeks will tell you the same x 

stay strong stay focused and if you want any support or questions no matter how daft you think they sound ask and if I can help I will x good luck x

shelley

• Posted

As these lovely ladies have said.  It is nerve wrecking but well worth it.  The first week banded is the worst - bit like having a c section but after the initla week as your body goes back to normal after the gas and op you will be amazed at how well you are doing.  WE are all here to help you on your journey if you have any questions x 
  • Posted

Thank you so much girls.... I've got all sorts of things going through my head atm. All I've ever wanted is to be slim and hopefully the gastric band will my golden ticket xxx
    • Posted

It's hard work but you get used to it!

It will be so worth it in the end!

Top tip from me would be get some antacids or windeze stuff as they pump you full of gas during the op and is quite uncomfortable afterwards until it's gone!

X

• Posted

Thanks for the wind tips Rebecca02 how long did it take for the wind to go? Xx
    • Posted

For me it took about 5-6 days I think! Started to ease after day 3-4! I think that was the worse thing about the whole op! So be prepared for that as it seems most people suffer from it!

Also benefibre or something similar is a good idea to keep you regular! Especially as you won't be eating properly and the tablets will bind you! Benefibre is just a powder supplement which is tasteless that you can add you your drinks which helps you!

X

• Posted

I'm having my band fitted tomorrow. I was worried about the operation too but the help and support I got from everyone in here has helped me loads. I'm all prepared and ready to go.
  • Posted

Thank you Rebecca02 for your help they will defo be on my shopping list and thank you to everyone else's advise too!

I have a feeling that I'll be driving you all mad soon lol.

Thanks once again ladies xx

• Posted

Hey Louzo, I am going for my first consultation tomorrow in Glasgow.  I am wondering if I've made the right choice (I am sure I have!!!).

How are you getting on post-op?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.