Im scared...dont want to sleep..

Posted , 3 users are following.

So earlier today I went to a pool with my Brother and his Girlfriend...I had fun and all but I had some difficulty with my nose during that tine and I think i mightve inhaled the water..I felt my nose sting and just now I read about some condition called "Dry drowning" that can cause you to die in your sleep or in the next 72 hours. Im honestly really scared and im hesitant to go to sleep because there was a incident where a child passed away in his sleep after feeling very tired and after accidently swallowing pool water earlier that day. I dunno what to do and i might be exaggerating but im really scared. Its already 1 am where I live...Help...what should i do??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

https://patient.info/doctor/drowning-and-near-drowning

This is the page for professionals on this website - that is Doctors.

How old are you EpicFace?  It does sound as though you are probably quite young and worrying unnecessarily but if you inhaled much water, then perhaps you should see a doctor.  Swimming pool water in the UK is chlorinated but you are obviously elsewhere, so I don't know about the water where you are.  Inhaling water is not a pleasant sensation but the senstaion passes. 

Try reading a book for a while, or listening to music that you like, try taking your mind off drowning and you will drop off to sleep and feel better in the morning.

If however, you feel unwell, then you need to see an out of hours doctor.

Good luck and try not to worry.

• Posted

Hello EpicFace.

Is there anyone there with you who can keep an eye on you? I am sure you will be ok. I have swallowed a good deal of water in my time - easily done when you have a boisterous son who likes to leap on you in the pool!

If you are still worried in the morning, phone your Doc, or a nurse at the surgery you are with, and get some advice.

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi EpicFace

You really do not need to worry

Having a stinging feeling in your nose when water goes down it is very common and certainly nothing to worry about.

Forget it, get some sleep and enjoy life.

Kevconfused

• Posted

Thats what worried me the most...I had that stinging feeling but thankfully im ok. Thanks now I wont freak out the next time I visit the pool.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.