Im scared to keep dating my boyfriend

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 20 years old and so is my boyfriend. We have been dating for almost a year and a half. I had every intention of marrying this guy once I was finished with school, but now I'm so worried that I can't think sraight. 

So my brother died a few years ago in a car accident, and ever since I have had a lot of anxiety. About everything. I'm always worried and losing sleep over something and, although I know its a lot to put on him, my boyfriend has been my rock. I felt so safe when I was with him or talking to him that all my worries went away.

2 nights ago my boyfriend was brought to the ER for a panic attack. Yesterday he went to his PCP who persribed him medicine for GAD, but then last night he was in the ER again. Today he went to a therapist and he wont speak to me. His mom calls and updates me.

I dont know what to do now. Im so scared for him and kind of scared of him. Im scared the medicine will make him different. That he wont have any emotions anymore. And he's my best friend. I can't even text him without crying because I'm freaking out. I'm at my university and today I just went in my closet for about 3 hours and cried until I fell asleep. (I've been going in my closet since i was a kid, I feel safe in there). 

I don't know what to do now. He's the one who has GAD and I can't even be there for him because I am freaking out. He was the one who made me feel safe. Am I never going to have that again? Will his medicine make him act distant? Will he lose sexual desires? 

I know im being so selfish. Please dont judge me. Its been 2 days of Hell and I have no control over my emotions right now.

Please help me. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Work though your problems that's what any married couple will do talk about it with each other

• Posted

He is gonna be fine and so will you. Just be there for each other that's what's important sticking together good times or baf. Do you know what medication they prescribed to him ?

• Posted

He will need some time to heal. Give him space and time, things will be OK. Takes some Time to Heal. smile

• Posted

Oh bless you...have a word privately with your doctor about your concerns..you can and must be totally honest...he may be able to reassure you abouts his actions...the ,main thing is, he will be helped, he must have been very frightened to go to AE..just keep hugging and loving him, I am certain that he will be well.. you must be his rock, you sound amazing..absolutely brilliant....

Big hugs for you both...and much warmth...xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.