Im seriously scared... help please..

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know i've posted before about this, so sorry for the repeats... but today has really had me scared...

I've talked about facial numbness on the right side, but that was one time that lasted two hours but then it freaked me out and i felt weird feelings in my head..

Now, im feeling all sorts of head pressure and I have been congested but it's been over a month and its been shifting from my right, top of the head, to the back and now the left and all this comes and goes from time to time.

I figured it would just be stress, anxiety, maybe I was sick.

I have this pain in the back of my head now, and its been there all day, even when I took 400mg of meds, also all day, I tried to stay focused because I started my new job, but all I felt was pressure...

Now I'm home... i dont feel anything that i felt at work, besides the pain in one sport, and a lot of pressure when i had my head against the wall.

I'm seriously scared I could have a brain tumor honestly... i asked my mom whos an rn about it... she knows its a fear, and she said why not go get a CAT scan... scared the living hell out of me... and her thinking it could be something seriously wrong.. but I'm scared if its just anxiety.. or is it something else...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I totally get it. You need to be able to convince yourself. I've had two clean CT scans this year and I can still worry it's a stroke. It has to come from in you.
    • Posted

what made you go get a ct scan? I just cant do this no more... im so scared but again i think its just anxiety
    • Posted

Once I was really dizzy, the other time I had a bad migraine with severe aura. Both times I was very sure they were both strokes. Just anxiety smile
  • Posted

Hi Victoria

All you are feeling are very common anxiety symptoms. 

Today you started a new job which is added pressure. You also had to get through the day knowing that you suffer from anxiety which is more pressure which tires your mind out having to fight it off to get though the day which causes more anxiety.

If you think rationally. The majority of these symptoms stopped when you got home. Now if you had a brain tumour....wouldn't them symptoms still be there regardless of where you where.

The symptoms disappeared huni because the pressure was off...you made it through the day and could breathe and relax a little.

I think you should be concentrating on being proud of yourself for making it through the first day of a new job,with all that going on smile

• Posted

Numbness in face can be caused by vitamin B12 deficiency.
    • Posted

Im b12 deficient too and get a tingly geeling left side of my face sometimes it feels like its being pulled/Droopy but its not. I get injections every 2 weeks. I also had a trapped nerve in my neck which caused tingly feeling all over head..Also caused my anxiety...x
  • Posted

I know how scary it gets. I have had identical facial numbness symptoms and on three occasions it was so bad, i even had a panic attack. And you catastrophize when it happens but the more I read about similar symptoms that others experienced, the better I could cope with it. 

Finally my doc ordered a B-12 and Vit D test and both came low (he implicated B-12 with my neuropathy as he called it). That was 10 days ago. Since then the numbness became less and less and now it's upto 80% sensation up from 20% sensation that I was experiencing first in my lips, then on my jaw, cheeks, all over the head, even chest on three occasions. It would get worse during night when I am lying on my bed for an extended period of time as if lack of circulation precipitated it. 

So I would urge you to get your B-12 and Vit D checked. Mine was 117 and 15 ng/ml respectively. Hope it will turn out low for you as well coz the fix is simple and inexpensive. 

We are all in this thing together so our prayers and support will always be there, no matter what. Here's wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.