im so anxious about the future, what can i do!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently but more today I have felt so anxious all day, nothing can seem to cheer me up, I have had a horrible cold but now I think I think I have a sinus infection so all my face feels pressured and I just feel horrible. I have no job at the moment, no money and I just feel very anxious about what the future holds! I know I cant predict it but I cant stop thinking about all the what ifs, and what If I go crazy from anxiety and stuff. Its horrible. does anyone have any advice that can maybe calm me down?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Katie try sucking some menthol sweets or Vicks vapour rub to clear your head.

Give your cold time to clear and then get back to lok for work.

If you are depressed or have Anxiety, talk to your GP, you need to be on your ball when looking for work.

The GP may be able to arrange some CBT,although personally I would prefer not to take mediation for anxiety as you look for work, they may dumb you down and take you off your game

Keep a hold and good luck with your job hunt.

Always around

• Posted

Thank you, just the pressure on my face is really painful and is panicking me, Im pretty confident its a sinus infection as I've had blocked ears from my cold. Going to get a same day doctors appointment tomorrow and get some reassurance from a doctor so will mention my anxiety when I'm there. 

I have majour health anxiety, and It kind of wore off but when I developed a cold my anxiety came on strong!]

Thanks for the reply x

• Posted

Hiya Katie. First of all, you're not going to go crazy because of your anxiety. It might feel that way, but believe me, it won't happen. Now, aside from that there's the issue of you getting better. It sounds like you have a cold, so take care of that first. Rest, drink lots of water, and take some medicine for the headahces. Once you're feeling better you need to talk to your GP about your anxiety, because you need to start therapy or psych in order to learn coping skills and address triggers. He might offer you some mediciation to calm your mind, but it's up to you whether to take them. Like Bob said some of those pills might leave you a little dazed at first, but if they help it might be worth it. As for a job....once you've started treating your anxiety, it'll become easier to get and keep a job. Anxiety doesn't have to be forever, Katie. You can do this. I believe in you! 

Peace...

• Posted

You cant focus on anything right now but healing. Youll go to the gp and get examined and get what you need and heal. When you are all better, and you will be then figure out about working. They do have jobs for anxious people. They do. First heal from the sinus and then get something for this anxiety and then you can figure out employment.
    • Posted

Yes I'm going to try get a same day doctors appointment tomorrow about my sinus infectiont then maybe get some counselling on the NHS which is funded by them so I don't have to pay since I'm not working. Just cant wait to get better, just a shame my anxiety came back when I become poorly. Common though I guess.

• Posted

Hey ive been battling this messed up cold virus too. It can trigger anxiety all over the place. It helps with infection but its viral in nature so my throat is sore from coughing but yes it rid the infection part. It finally breaking up so i get to cough to the point i need to close my eyes lol. But thats okay. Better for it to get out of my chest. Thats where it drained too. This thing takes a while to get rid off. I use traditional and non traditional meds so im hitting it from both ends. Feel better love. Hopefully this time next week you will feel a lot better.
  • Posted

All I can suggest is to keep telling yourself to take it day by day. After all you know you cannot predict the future. So try to find comfort in the hurdles of "today" rather than next month or year ect.

They say positive thoughts attract positive outcome.

Stay positive. Think of the "now" and not the "then"

What ifs are always a pain in the a*se. Like a stubborn nagging that refuses to subside.

But there aren't any concreate answers for what ifs and what coulds.

I hope things calm down for you. And things sort the self out.

We all believe in you and wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.