Im so despresded cause of diagnosed with genital herpes....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 24,and im student in austria and so far from my country.I was diagnosed with genital herpes  2 days ago,now i have my first breakout ,and a lotfs of pain.I'm single and caught it from a guy I had a one night stand with ( stupid I know ) I'm really struggling to come to terms with having this! I feel embarrassed to talk to anyone about it so coming on here was an option.I couldnt sleep for 2 nights.Maybe talking to ppl who also have this virus might help me deal with this!! At this moment I feel like my life is on hold and no one will want to have a relationship with me since I have it!!! Help!?!?!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

If you have been diagnosed then you should also have been prescribed medicines to help control the symptoms, if not then go to your gp and get a prescription.

Although not curable it should help relieve your discomfort. Meanwhile, try to keep away from sexual encounters as you will only help spread the disease further.

Mike.

• Posted

Goli

We all make errors in life especially when young, there are many in the same boat as you and all I can suggest is take advice, get sorted and move on. It is no good feeling embarrassed move on and learn from experience. You need to talk and lift mood we are around

BOB

• Posted

Hi Gol - I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Have you contacted the one night stand about this? He has a responsibility not to infect others. Meanwhile, research what you can about your condition so you know what to expect and how to deal with it. It will be your responsibility to advise anyone you intend to bed that you have this. It's the right thing to do.

• Posted

Hi 

Yes i talke to him and he told me he didnt know that he is infected.he will do the test today..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.