Im so ready to start walkin

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can stand up without my crutches for a good period of time. Wednesday will make 6 weeks since my surgery .i am so tempted to make my first step i feel like i can do it but i dont want to damage any thing i be puttin a little weight on my leg it feel so much better without my boot im so happy i dont have yo wear it anymore all day i move my ankle

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shantell, that is great news!  Sounds like you're doing really good.  And you are smart to move your ankle.  I was in the boot for so long, my ankle has seem to have frozen.  I've only been out of the boot for a few weeks, so maybe eventually, it will start moving again.

I think your doctor will be thrilled with your progress!  And I'm glad you're out of the boot. 

Beth

• Posted

Thanks..i think being in that boot and never takin it off will make your ankle stiff..when i was in the boot i took it off for maybe 2 hrs to move it around some nights i slept without it but wen my doc found out he told me to keep it on ..i think that if u massage it everyday it will get back right good luck
  • Posted

Great news. Once you can do weight bearig try walking in sand. So helpful improves range of motion and strength. 

• Posted

Hope, I know your comment was directed at Shantell, but I wanted to thank you so much, for that suggestion as well!  I have no ROM and we have a very small greenhouse that has sand it in!  I should try that.  So, thanks! 

Bethbiggrin

• Posted

Slowly but surely the soft sand works the ankle in Every direction.

Don't over do and take baby steps.

• Posted

Shantell, all I can say is listen to your dr. Do not rush things. Yes we all want walk, be free if all the equipment. But, don't. You will b better off with patience. This is not easy, but u can do it.

Karran

• Posted

Thanks i'm going to wait to i go back to my but he said i can put a little weight on it.i go back on thursday..thanks alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.