Im so tired I can’t see straight

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been so thoroughly exhausted every day these past few weeks. I get these weird moments where I feel like I can’t wven keep my eyes open but when I fight it my eyes water really bad and I get dizzy. It’s a terrible feeling because I can’t snap out of it and it happens all their at work and often when I’m driving. I just have to ride it out. It can be so debilitating. I’ve tried several stimulants but they all trigger my anxiety so bad that I can’t do that either. It makes me crazy. I constantly feel like I’m in a daze and I can’t put forth my best effort into anything because I don’t have the energy for it. Which of course triggers depressed moods and it’s a vicious cycle. Thinking back I know that I’ve struggled with low energy/fatigue for years (I always thought due to having an autoimmune disease) but it’s gotten really bad this summer. I had mono last fall and I read that having that can trigger CFS and so can auto immune diseases AND so can having difficult managing stress which I definitely struggle with as well and have been feeling a lot of all summer. I think it’s all just a recipe for disaster. Would love to hear about other people’s experience with CFS and if it sounds familiar to mine.. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also  just wanted to  wanted to add that I pretty much always feel in a daze.. and sometimes worry about how we’ll im perceiving what’s going on around me, especially when I’m driving ..
  • Posted

Hi there, sorry to hear that you are feeling rubbish , it could be me/cfs but personally sounds different to mine , I rarely actually feel sleepy it is more a total body exhaustion thing for me like having the flu with aches and pains in my muscles difficulty walking and nausea. I think the words chronic fatigue can give the wrong impression sometimes , as if we are always tired. For me it’s a physical thing and I find it difficult to concentrate because of the pain and sheer exhaustion not because I’m sleepy . The way I describe it is as if you have run up a mountain but you are not fit at all and then have to run down giving you jelly legs imagine it’s level of exhaustion and nausea, it’s not sleep you need it’s just to be flat and lie down, because everything every part of you has no energy left at all ,except I didn’t run up a mountain all I did was get out of bed , or have a shower . For some even brushing their hair may have this effect and they can’t get our of bed at all or even feed themselves . I hope this helps but I really think you should see your go to rule out many things that can make you sleepy and fuzzy , low iron low it b12 or thyroid. Problems for example , good luck , I really hope you don’t have it , it’s no fun , 
  • Posted

Hi katylynde,

It sounds like this is really scaring you and you have looked into cfs/me as a possible reason and have noticed links with mono, stress and auto immune conditions. I think you do need to go to the doctor and ask for blood tests to rule other things out as Jan suggests. I would myself ask the doctor for a sick note because at present it sounds like the stress of these symptoms is making things worse and you're feeling exhausted all the time too. List all the things that you're feeling. I note here you have put exhaustion, feel dazed, eyes are heavy, more anxious. List everything even how your digestion is (appetite or bowel changes) Cfs/me manifests itself differently for different people. Some people get breathing issues (i very rarely get this) or restless legs or cluster headaches- others don't.

If it is cfs/me you are not alone and the forum can be really helpful. People do recover from cfs/me and research into it is ongoing. If it isn't, it may well be a vitamin/mineral deficiency that can be rectified.

Beverley

• Posted

Sorry you are feeling this way. Everyone is soooo different in symptoms and treatment response it’s hard to say. I also do have to stay away from stimulants and they trigger my anxiety. What was worked for me(as crazy as this sounds) is ICE cold showers throughout the day...especially when I’m feeling weak or unusually tired. For me its been the little things that have made this manageable. Ice showers, small meals and a consistent sleep routine. When anything changes...I can go off the rails. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Mine started with a series of flus after the flu shot. Then i had a bad one and i never fully recovered. And here i am several years later still feeling that way, like im in a dreamworld. Is that what your daze feels like? I feel like im in the twilight zone 24/7 altho the degree changes on how much sleep ive gotten. Or stress level. Or diet and the list goes on. But on the list of symptoms for Me/cfs i have about 80% of them . Best of luck.
    • Posted

And I had my first, what i thought was a panic attack, after a chocolate frosty from Wendys. Well i was laying down after i drank it, then when i stood up, my heart was beating all over the place and sweating. Now that i look back, it may have been the Pots that ive been diagnosed with. ? Or was it anxiety from the chocolate. Im very sensative to stimulants also. Such a peculiar illness.
  • Posted

Can you give me an update? I have been feeling the exact same way and had mono January of this year. I don't have health insurance and can't afford it. Please let me know. Thanks Katelyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.