im soooooooooo fed up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

This is a great forum, I have been reading it since I started on orlistat on the 2nd January, the first 2 months I was really pleased and lost 2 stone, this month Im really struggling and those scales just dont seem to be budging, I am at that point where I could so easily give up and hit the chocolate but I can see the difference with what Ive lost already, but I just feel so fed up, help?????

Thanks for a great forum,

MM

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi MM... what a fantastic weight loss you have had so far!! Well done smile

Did you do a food diary when you first started? If so i would revisit it and see if you have made any changes lately that could be slowing you up. Also do you do any exercise?

Jax x

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying,

I stupidly did not keep a food diary, but think Im eating the same, its the fear of the bad experience that keeps me on the straight and narrow as it were, as for exercising I am on the wii fit or walking or davina dvd every night, walking the kids to school and my office is on the 2nd floor and am up and down pretty much most of the day, Ive not used the lift since January. I know that everyone gets plateaus where weight can stay static for a bit but its very frustrating and I so want to achieve Ive had so many failed diets in the past and Ive got 2 and half years till Im 40 I so dont want to be fat a 40! In fact I dont really much want to be 40 lol

MM

• Posted

Did you register with MAP? They have sent me some really good literature and i've found it really helpful i.e. fat content of things and even a fortnights worth of menus. I'm just starting my 2nd month and have just received a fat and calorie counting book.

I only lost 5lbs in my first month but i know why :oops:

But still its off and it ain't going back on! :D

I followed a link on here to another site where there is a support forum for people using Xenical, come on over and have a look around it is full of people following all sorts of diet plans and they are all very supportive.

P.s. 40 ain't that bad lol x

• Posted

Hi Jax,

Thanks will have a look, hoping tomorrow will be a better day and motivation will return, certainly helps to have this website to turn to, I have been reading posts but not written, also registered today so will be posting from now on, good luck with your journey and hope to keep in touch,

MM

PS I have resisted the evil \"chocolate\" :evil: lol

• Posted

hey guys!! looking for this MAP website to register with but every time i search it, guess what - i get maps of the world etc. anyone know the web address?
  • Posted

Hi

MAP is run by the company Roche who make orlistat and you get a trained nurse to speak to every couple of weeks - they send you out lots of information which helps and are on the end of a phone whenever you need them. The number is 08007317138, when you ring to register have a box of the tabs with you as they need the batch number.

Wiggs x :D

• Posted

The web site seems to be defunct, tried to register, then tried to email them on the address, but that was out of the action. Sounds like the phone number is the best bet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.