im still in agony nearly 2 years after microdisectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had a microdisectomy nearly two years ago the pain stooped for about six months cheesygrin SINCE THEN IT HAS RETURNED WITH A VENGENCE LEG PAIN IN BOTH LEGS STIFFNES DOCTOR SUGGESTS PHYSIO//!!!!! SHOULD I GET A SECOND OPINION AS ITS JUSTTHE SAME AS BEFOR I HAD THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE THANKS OP PLEASE HELP AS THE

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Doctors always suggest physio, they're dumb - I had a very good consultant at the old Edith Cavell hospital, unfortunately he was sent to Afghanistan (he was a reservist) and my new consultant suggested physio, four years after that had been shown not to work! INSIST upon a second opinion, preferably at a different hospital to the one that you had been under
    • Posted

thanks for the advise ill see what i can sort out i also have the pains in both of my legs as befor it was just my right leg which is quite worrying im seeing the doctor tomorrow and im going to demand a econd opinion
  • Posted

I have stifness in both legs and since my doctor prescribed me baclofen most of the stifness has gone away .
  • Posted

Hi Leanne

please read my story on here I had mine April last year and it was a little better than before but not a great deal. I then had an MRI that showed I had swelling on both sides of spine and a cyst. 

U will see I've since done the 100 day antibiotic trial, google antibiotics for back pain .

i now am on the waiting lost to have the rest of the disk removed and rods etc put in. 

Waiting for a copy of letter sent to GP to see exactly what it's called! 

• Posted

I have had same problem go back to your GP AND ASK TO BE SENT FOR AN MRI or to see your previous consultant.
  • Posted

Leanne

if you read my posts you will c I had same problem. You need to go to GP and tell him you want to be referred back to the consultant as you are still no better. The first thing they should do is another MRI to see what's going on. 

Good luck don't be fobbed off x

• Posted

Hi,

I think you should do both. Typically, it takes time before you can be seen for a second opinion. So, while you're waiting, get some physical therapy. Good luck!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.